• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naught wrong with Julio Cesar! He may have been less than great in his twilight but he also ended up playing behind some truly awful defenses.

True that. But his chronic back injury prevented him from playing at his best. Any quick moves or sudden rush to get a ball and off he went into the injured books.

Andre Silva finally got off the mark for AC Milan today with a 94th min goal.

Peter Shilton wasn't the biggest. Didn't harm is career too much apart from when he was outjumped by Herve Villechaize in Mexico 86

giphy.gif

Another suggestion for the mix. RB Joao Cancelo. Playing for Inter on loan from Valencia, who paid £13m for him in 2015. Just been called up for the Portugal squad again and has scored 3 in 6 for them. Can play on the wing too so I'd imagine a wing-back role would be fine.

Even if it's likely that Benik Afobe probably isn't realistically good enough for a club wanting to be mid-table Prem club or higher, I can still see the club buying him purely as a reasonably priced striker who knows the club and is already settled here. Then go and splash out on someone like Silva. If we bought Silva but then sent both of Leo and Benik back, it'd be Silva/Mir as our only central striking options which isn't strong enough in depth.

I'd hope we'd buy better than Silva. Unless someone can come up with some damn convincing argument that his form at Milan isn't his own fault.

I think if or when we are promoted the fun will really start. Nothing should surprise us. If cassilas and Ronaldo turned up here next year I would not be surprised. This lot had a plan, had a methodology and its working. They have no intention of it stopping there. That may mean some tough decisions next year. Its a fine line between backing those who get u up and strengthening your team to compete in the premiership. I reckon there will be at least 4 new faces in the team for 1st September 2018.

Casillas maybe, Ronaldo I think would turn his nose up at us 10 times out of 10.

Casillas maybe, Ronaldo I think would turn his nose up at us 10 times out of 10.

As I say, nothing surprises me with fosun and Mendes and if we are in the premier league who knows.

35. Chance to play in the premier league again. Chance to score 30 goals? Who knows

Ronaldo would be ace,but no doubt some of our fans would be moaning he's mid 30s,why we buying players like that?

To be fair they would have a point imo. He would cost an absolute fortune for any side so even if we were going to buy him which we aren't we would be better off buying however many players you could buy to improve the squad than to buy a mid thirties Ronaldo.

Casillas would be a terrible signing too, he's been past his best for a number of years and it would be another signing that we don't need to make and would not make sense. We're going to be linked with lots of players this summer but i can't see us signing many players in their mid to late thirties whoever they are.

No chance on either Ronaldo or Casillas. We'll continue to buy top young talent

Would anyone take Butland if Stoke went down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back