• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not try to second guess Nuno or Fosun. They will have a plan and no doubt Mendes will be a significant part of it. Looking at the bigger picture increasing wolves brand awareness in China is likely to be high on a list. To do that could require some high profile names to come to the club. That reason alone makes me think we could have a couple of experienced well known international player's heading our way if/when promoted. Likely to be backed by young talent too. Either way its very very exciting.
Butland is good but so was Pickford for Sunderland and he has only been OK for me at Everton this season. Personally I think Norris is a find , just like Pope at Burnley so would look at him first. I think there are outfield positions that need attention before the gk.wing back and centre forward for starters.
Any good plan has three stages. Stand, walk ,run! Promotion is stand. The next two seasons will be walk to establish the team. From there who knows. Going to be one hell of a run though!

Would anyone take Butland if Stoke went down?

I would, think he's been the best English keeper for the last coupke of seasons, I realise he's made a couple of gaffs recently but that happens to every keeper occasionally

First off, my god it was cold yesterday. Genuinely think it's the coldest I have ever been at a football game. Throw in that I felt as though I'd done a couple of rounds of sparring with Anthony Joshua, didn't make it the most pleasant of afternoons yesterday.

Onto the football, such a comfortable performance again. Twice in a week now we haven't had to get out of second gear to produce a dominant display. Thought Costa was excellent, getting back to his best now. Afobe was a lot better at Tuesday and took his goals well, and what can you say about Neves? The best footballer I have seen in a Wolves shirt, the guy has so much ability and composure and is only 21! Ran the whole game again. Such a special talent.

Finally, huge meet up in the London. Good to meet a few new faces, especially the Portuguese boys for making the effort to come over and see that weather, and Johnny who is a great lad. Apologies for being about as lively as a sloth for most of the afternoon!

Finally, huge meet up in the London. Good to meet a few new faces, especially the Portuguese boys for making the effort to come over and see that weather, and Johnny who is a great lad. Apologies for being about as lively as a sloth for most of the afternoon!

Where were you sitting?

Where were you sitting?

Next to DW, in blue Wolves top slumped in my chair lol

Just realised, I posted my review in the transfer thread as well. Good work lol

Next to DW, in blue Wolves top slumped in my chair lol

Just realised, I posted my review in the transfer thread as well. Good work lol

Wondered who that was! I came and sat next to Johnny with my daughter about 13:30.

Presumed that was you, darlo shouting "booz" at you may have been a giveaway! Just had zero energy to move or talk lol. Will definitely introduce myself next time mate

Butland will go to Liverpool now Real are after Alisson.

Ronaldo. LMFAO. This forum is brilliant at times.

Yeah, every time his name is mentioned on here I cringe a little.

Even Andy fucking Thompson was on about Ronaldo after yesterday’s game...

*insert face plant .gif here*

For me I think we need upgrades in these positions:

Ruddy

Douglas
Bennett
Doherty

Bonatini/Afobe

At least five players need upgrading straight off the bat. Then if you look at our midfield there’s little depth in there beyond Neves and Saiss so we need at least one more as I can’t see Alf staying. If we’re going to add another it would have to be an upgrade on Saiss with him becoming a squad player. All that is assuming we make Boly permanent (I really hope we do).

That’s six players to strengthen the first team which is one hell of a shopping list even for Fosun.

For me I think we need upgrades in these positions:

Ruddy

Douglas
Bennett
Doherty

Bonatini/Afobe

At least five players need upgrading straight off the bat. Then if you look at our midfield there’s little depth in there beyond Neves and Saiss so we need at least one more as I can’t see Alf staying. If we’re going to add another it would have to be an upgrade on Saiss with him becoming a squad player. All that is assuming we make Boly permanent (I really hope we do).

That’s six players to strengthen the first team which is one hell of a shopping list even for Fosun.

Possibly looking at £100m there: then again we may already have an upgrade on Ruddy. But we'll never know unless we play him...

Maybe he'll retain Ruddy until promotion is confirmed, then take a look at Norris when there is no pressure on him?

Won't prove a great deal either way.

Ruddy has done a good job for us this season, I don't see how he has a realistic chance with any of the goals at Villa and yesterday was a tough one, there's been an agenda building against him for a while though. A lot of the people bigging up Norris won't ever have even seen him play.

Ruddy has done a good job for us this season, I don't see how he has a realistic chance with any of the goals at Villa and yesterday was a tough one, there's been an agenda building against him for a while though. A lot of the people bigging up Norris won't ever have even seen him play.

I completely agree.

An “agenda”, you say, Deutsch ‘Matt Doherty’ Wolf?

Just because someone isn’t a fan of a particular player, doesn’t mean there’s an “agenda”.

I’ve said it multiple times; Ruddy was exactly what we needed at the start of the season. A calm, experienced head. I’d actually go as far to say he was the perfect signing for that position, at that time. But as the season has progressed, it’s obvious he isn’t good enough for where we want to be and sloppy errors have creeped in to his game (some directly leading to goals against). Norris, on the evidence so far, has all the attributes to be a top keeper - so let’s see what he can do.

No agenda for me, I just feel Norris is the long term option, and we won’t be losing anything by playing him right now as Ruddy has hardly been playing out of his skin.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ruddy in goal at the start of next season

An “agenda”, you say, Deutsch ‘Matt Doherty’ Wolf?

Just because someone isn’t a fan of a particular player, doesn’t mean there’s an “agenda”.

I’ve said it multiple times; Ruddy was exactly what we needed at the start of the season. A calm, experienced head. I’d actually go as far to say he was the perfect signing for that position, at that time. But as the season has progressed, it’s obvious he isn’t good enough for where we want to be and sloppy errors have creeped in to his game (some directly leading to goals against). Norris, on the evidence so far, has all the attributes to be a top keeper - so let’s see what he can do.

No agenda for me, I just feel Norris is the long term option, and we won’t be losing anything by playing him right now as Ruddy has hardly been playing out of his skin.

Excuse me but I slated Matt Doherty because he was a fucking terrible full back. I don't need an agenda to point that out. He's still a fucking terrible full back.

Digging out a keeper who has nearly 20 clean sheets with eight games of the season to go isn't quite in the same bracket.

How many goals against do you think Ruddy has been partly or majorly responsible for this season? I reckon you'll struggle to name five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back