• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko got cold feet. Even agreed terms yesterday!!

That’s a shame. Maybe he will reconsider in January if he doesn’t get much game time. Wouldn’t surprise me if we go back for him then.

“A few weeks ago, I was thinking Wolves might mount a surprise challenge for the top half (at least) with their Portugal-on-Brum project,” writes Steve Hoare. “But now you’re telling me they’re buying two more today following the one more yesterday, is it too many? 11 new players? That’s some integration project. I’m not sure it’s particularly motivating for the players that got them to the Prem either... or have they sold all those already? What looked smart and ambitious is starting to look scattergun.” Frankly I am astonished that they’re still throwing money around, but the quality of their signings has been high. I’d be surprised if they were relegated, but there could be some teething troubles before things finally click into gear. A good team to play in August, I’d have thought."
It’s not really 11 new players though, is it? 5 of them were players on loan last year

I fail to see how our business can be referred to as "scatter-gun" whereas Fulham's seems to be universally lauded by the London-based media. Very odd.

There’s a decent chance Zinchenko goes to Europe after our window closes

I fail to see how our business can be referred to as "scatter-gun" whereas Fulham's seems to be universally lauded by the London-based media. Very odd.

And West Ham! I think they are worried about us upsetting the status quo personally

Leicester sign a centre-back - think this might start the shuffle that ends up with Smalling or another Utd centre-back coming to Wolves (presuming Maguire goes...)?

No way on earth are Leicester selling Maguire.

I think United are going to try for Alderweireld.

Fuck Zinchenko,.

If a player is happy to sit on his arse and not play, that say's more about him than anything.
he's being really badly advised and obviously has no ambition to play football, deserves it if his career now falters to an end.

he's 22 he needs to be playing, if he does not play for the next 3 years, he'll not get a decent move at 25 with hardly any appearances.
ROSE ANYONE ???

Maybe he's just not happy with the offers on the table?

Perhaps Wolves told him he'd be seen as a wingback first and foremost whereas he'd rather try and forge a career for himself as a central midfielder.

We’ll probably only have 4 new starters against everton I reckon - Patrício, Jonny, Moutinho and Jimenez - unless Dendoncker steps in to RCB straight away. That number won’t be outlandish for most clubs.

Hmmmm - looks like United are piling in for Diego Godin. Fabulous defender. I have wanted to see him in English football for years.

Moses might be on the move from Chelsea after all...

Guardian liveblog said:
Bad news for Victor Moses: a photograph of Kepa is currently being put on hoardings outside Stamford Bridge, and it’s Moses’s mug that has been removed to make room for it!

Maybe he's just not happy with the offers on the table?

Perhaps Wolves told him he'd be seen as a wingback first and foremost whereas he'd rather try and forge a career for himself as a central midfielder.

Bullshit, art 22 you need to be playing.
He's just happy sitting on his arse, too many players in football today too happy to sit and do nothing...

RLC, Drinkwater, Zinchenko and loads of others.

Bullshit, art 22 you need to be playing.
He's just happy sitting on his arse, too many players in football today too happy to sit and do nothing...

RLC, Drinkwater, Zinchenko and loads of others.

Who knows for sure though? As far as Wolves are concerned, he's not coming so we move on - the reasons are irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back