• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally struggling to see where Zinchenko fits as he's been fucking terrible during City's preseason tour and I'm also not totally in favor of shifting Jonny to the right side when he's earned his reputation by playing on the left.

Paying more for Zinny than Dendoncker is fucking wild.

No idea how good Zinchenko has or hasn't been during pre season but can't be easy for him as he's not sure where his future is. Rather look at his performances for City last year and for Ukraine and he's more than good enough in a number of positions.

he's been fucking terrible during City's preseason tour

No he hasn't

I'm also not totally in favor of shifting Jonny to the right side when he's earned his reputation by playing on the left.

Best put Doc back on the left as well, that's where he played well before.

Don't be ridiculous.

This is fucking unbelievable. Haven't been this excited since 87/88 and 88/89. This is just fucking unbelievable.

No idea how good Zinchenko has or hasn't been during pre season but can't be easy for him as he's not sure where his future is. Rather look at his performances for City last year and for Ukraine and he's more than good enough in a number of positions.

May well be that he feels more 'loved' here than at Man C where he was rarely going to be able to break into the starting team - may take a bit of time, but could well be relevant in the second half of the season.

By all accounts can play various positions which is of benefit

For the 1st time I can understand when City fans sing "we're not really here" I never ever thought Wolves would be doing well this!

What a crazy window. Wouldn’t be suprise if the ‘marque’ is a forward player. Statement signings don’t tend to be defensive minded. Do we really need zinchenko? Not overly sold on where his best position is.

What a crazy window. Wouldn’t be suprise if the ‘marque’ is a forward player. Statement signings don’t tend to be defensive minded. Do we really need zinchenko? Not overly sold on where his best position is.

Long term - CM

For now with the way our squad is - LWB, until such point as either Vinagre demands that shirt or Joao shuffles off to UAE/Qatar to top up his pension, whichever comes first

Does always baffle me why teams always do business so late in the window. I get that because other teams make transfers it frees up other players etc, but would’ve thought talks would’ve been ongoing for ages. Swear the dedonker rumour has only come to light today?

I think if we get the Dendoncker and Zinchenko deals done then that will be it and we will have spent some serious money and have pretty much all bases covered. Unbelievable that this is all happening at Wolves really.

Does always baffle me why teams always do business so late in the window. I get that because other teams make transfers it frees up other players etc, but would’ve thought talks would’ve been ongoing for ages. Swear the dedonker rumour has only come to light today?

He was meant to have rejected us a week or so ago.

I did think this, but if he plays wing back for he next 2/3 years transferring back to CM may not be straight forward

Agreed the fee weeks ago. Finally persuaded the lad to join us today

It may be he has seen the intent with moutinho, patricio, Traore, possibly Dendonker and though fuck it they are really going for it. I want some of that.

One leads, others follow and floodgates open.

Gentlemen. Remember this we really have never known anything like it since Andy Gray in 79/80

I did think this, but if he plays wing back for he next 2/3 years transferring back to CM may not be straight forward

Our WB roles are more or less as a wide midfielder a lot of the time so less adjustment required.

We have to forward plan too - the very strong likelihood is that Ruben Neves will not be here for more than the next couple of years, sadly. He's too good.

Patricio looks to have been the key signing this summer. Gives Moutinho the confidence to come. Everyone follows. Fucking brilliant.

It may be he has seen the intent with moutinho, patricio, Traore, possibly Dendonker and though fuck it they are really going for it. I want some of that.

One leads, others follow and floodgates open.

Gentlemen. Remember this we really have never known anything like it since Andy Gray in 79/80

& that was a one off signing - we have been multiplying it this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back