• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying this but how great is this window compared to 2009/10
Hahnemann
Segundo Castillo (loan)
Mujangi-Bia (loan)
Guedioura (loan)
Mancienne (loan)
Maierhoffer
Halford
Doyle
Zubar
Surman
Milijas

and we thought this was quite good at the time !!!

Hmm - nice but you need to remember Jarvis. Craddock. Fletcher. Jones. etc. That team never played in entirety.

and we thought this was quite good at the time !!!

No one thought Halford was any good and tbf it wasnt for the fact Colin likes crap footballers he wouldn't have had a club last season

I can tell you for free that I wasn't happy with Halford, Mancienne or Surman at the time :icon_lol:

I gave up on Zubar after about 20 minutes vs Swindon and the reviews of Maierhofer that we got before he signed were not promising.

Mujangi Bia and Gued were January signings.

Gued's debut was similar to his performance for Forest last night. Shame he swings from that good to wildly pathetic so easy

Hmm - nice but you need to remember Jarvis. Craddock. Fletcher. Jones. etc. That team never played in entirety.

Craddock's 2 seasons from 09/10, 10/11 were quite phenomenal. We've come a long way from hoping and being happy with 17th

I can tell you for free that I wasn't happy with Halford, Mancienne or Surman at the time :icon_lol:

I gave up on Zubar after about 20 minutes vs Swindon and the reviews of Maierhofer that we got before he signed were not promising.

Mujangi Bia and Gued were January signings.

Mr Attitude (Maierhoffer) Started off brightly by scoring against Blackburn but he truly was gash. I remember your annoyance at Halford and Zubar on the forum and continued annoyance at Zubar for being a wolves player

Heard my first shit rumour! His wife works at the club. And it is.... drumroll please ... RLC! So there you go :icon_lol:

Leander Dendoncker set for Wolves medical
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 08/08/18 5:00pm

Leander Dendoncker is set to undergo a medical at Wolves
Leander Dendoncker is set to undergo a medical at Wolves
Wolves are closing in on a deal to sign Belgium international Leander Dendoncker, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands the Anderlecht midfielder travelled to England on Wednesday to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical with the Premier League club.

Dendoncker has made more than 170 appearances for Anderlecht since his debut for the club in 2013.

The 23-year-old has represented Belgium on six occasions and was included in Roberto Martinez's final 23-man squad for the World Cup in Russia, in which the Red Devils finished third.

Dendoncker was linked with West Ham during the January transfer window but a Deadline Day move failed to materialise for the midfielder.

Dendoncker was included in Belgium's squad for the World Cup
Wolves have invested heavily since securing automatic promotion back to the Premier League.

The club broke their transfer record to sign Adama Traore from Middlesbrough on Wednesday, while Benik Afobe, Willy Boly and Diogo Jota have all arrived for significant fees.

According to Peter O'Rourke and ESPN, they have sources that say Zinchenko is edging closer to a move to Wolves.

Sources said Wolves have reopened talks with Zinchenko's representatives and are optimistic of striking a deal to bring the Ukrainian international to Molineux.

Estadio Deportivo, covering Sevilla interest in Andre Silva, say they've found out from people close to the striker that he's "negotiating his move to the Premier League"

Jorge Mendes' Gestifute are working on it. No clubs named.

Fucking hell, this is fun, isn’t it?

This time around into the PL is so so different from the last 2 - making an old(er) man very happy to be giving this a real go of doing a bit more than just trying to stay up by the skin of the teeth.

Suspect that I will be up very early on Saturday & impatient to get up to town

We surely aren't going for him, but like you say this summer is insane fun. I am fucking loving every second.

Won't be us for Silva unless Jeff was telling porkies the other week

I can't wait for deadline day tomorrow. Earlier finish in the day. Wolves clearly going to be involved. Bring it on.

Be surprised if any other striker comes in now - our £s & time will be spent dealing with any remaining issues at the back I would have thought

Looks good on the ball with a very decent first touch. And it seems he can actually defend his right hand side. He'd be an instant upgrade at rcb, either that or he's upgrading Coady. With the interest there's apparrntly been in him you'd think he's not coming here to be back up for Neves. Everyone likes a settled defence so any back up duty would arguably be for real emergencies only.

It's a managerial call. He doesn't do what we need in this system. Nuno didn't play 3-4-3 at Porto.

<1% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back