• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at City away last season - that simply had to be a five a lot of the time, put our wingbacks where they normally are and we'd have conceded five (one of them was Benno anyway so it wouldn't have happened). They weren't locked into their own half - Vinagre mugging off Walker was right by their corner flag - but we largely had to defend.

But that's against the very best team in the country. Most games we will just go out and play. We won't fear the likes of Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc, we'll just do what we normally do and back ourselves.

Do that and I truly believe we win more than we lose. Given that the ridiculous league is one where 10 games won is pretty much safety I would be very p issed off if this squad can't win more than 10 games

Sky have us down as spending £40.9m in the window so far. Is that right?

Nash has just Tweeted we spent 180k in 1978 for Peter Daniel, in '95 we paid 1.8m for Dean Richards and in 2018 have paid 18m for Traore. Love little oddities like this.

Jota £13m
Boly £10m
Patricio free (at the moment)
Moutinho £5m
Vinagre £3m
Afobe £10m (can't sell him until Jan)
Bonatini £5m
Total, excluding loans both of which will be expensive £46m

Probably not that far off (may be a little above that, but not much) - will increase with Adama & the new CB & RWB though (still 2 days to go)

Can someone clear up for me what exactly the definition of a "dribble" is in football stats?

Running with the ball under close control.

Jota £13m
Boly £10m
Patricio free (at the moment)
Moutinho £5m
Vinagre £3m
Afobe £10m (can't sell him until Jan)
Bonatini £5m
Total, excluding loans both of which will be expensive £46m

So Jota, Boly, Moutinho, Traore and Vinagre cost us roughly what Everton spent on Richarlison...

Net spend I think plus they don't seem to count fees that are undisclosed but Leo and Vinagres fees have been out there so rough figures are as I am probably missing something

Traore - £18m
Boly - £10m
Afobe - £10m
Jota - £12m
Jiminez - £5m
Leo - £5m
Moutinho - £5m
Vinagre - £2m

Total = £67m

Picked up £12.5m for Afobe + £1m for Marshall

Net = £53.5m (Not Inc what we may pay for Patricio)

Running with the ball under close control and beating one or more oppostion players

From Opta:
This is an attempt by a player to beat an opponent in possession of the ball. A successful dribble means the player beats the defender while retaining possession, unsuccessful ones are where the dribbler is tackled, Opta also log attempted dribbles where the player overruns the ball.

Net spend I think plus they don't seem to count fees that are undisclosed but Leo and Vinagres fees have been out there so rough figures are as I am probably missing something

Traore - £18m
Boly - £10m
Afobe - £10m
Jota - £12m
Jiminez - £5m
Leo - £5m
Moutinho - £5m
Vinagre - £2m

Total = £67m

Picked up £12.5m for Afobe + £1m for Marshall

Net = £53.5m (Not Inc what we may pay for Patricio)

3/4m for Baz as well though I guess as someone said above we won’t get the Afobe money until January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back