• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost as bad as those who thought the sticker book was a lie and it was really showing we were going to announce a forward or 3

But you just know we'll confirm Traore's signing and then get 'where are the other 3 FFS?!' from some people who will actually MEAN it.

Went to a few Swansea games last season and he was anonymous in all of them. Not very creative and I can't think of what he would add.

Presumably he'd add cover for both wing back and CM? He's not in the same league as Moutinho/Neves though but maybe he'd be used more as a squad player?

Strikes me as the kind of signing we'd have made last time we were in this league.

Clucas has played left wing back and left back when required, we may be short of left footers within the squad. Also adds height which we could need at times.

I'd be surprised if Clucas wasn't really expensive, too. He cost Swansea £15 million last year, and I can't see him being first choice unless we stick him as a left wing back and shift Jonny over.

Suspect we're looking at him as a backup if Zinchenko doesn't come.

Clucas isn't marquee - more the one-man pop-up you can't be bothered to pack up and bring home at the end of a festival.

Guerreiro would be a ridiculous signing. He’d be fantastic at LWB and ticks all the boxes of what we look for in that role. It would also allow Jonny to move over to the right.

Guerreiro-Boly-Coady-Bennett-Jonny

That would genuinely be mental.

Can’t see it, personally - but it’s nice to dream.

Oh, and Clucas is wank.

I'd be surprised if Clucas wasn't really expensive, too. He cost Swansea £15 million last year, and I can't see him being first choice unless we stick him as a left wing back and shift Jonny over.

Suspect we're looking at him as a backup if Zinchenko doesn't come.

Burnley agreed a deal at 8 million, Wolves could offer 6 rising to 8 because Swansea need the money for their own transfer deals.

I'd take Clucas as a cheap back up option I guess. I'd rather we signed someone who wasn't quite so 'meh' though.

Tim Spiers
‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star
39s40 seconds ago
I'm told that Swansea midfielder Sam Clucas is a player Wolves have looked at but a move is 'very unlikely' at this stage

To me that says - We have a couple of options ahead of him and if they don't come off then we will make a late move to get him in.

If we get Zinchenko and a CB, I'd be VERY happy with our summer's work.

If that happens I think happy is an understatement . Many of us be like......
giphy.gif

On Zinchenko - Timmy II - "It's believed Wolves are due to speak to the 21-year-old today in a bid to convince him to move to Molineux from the Premier League champions"

Congolese-Norwegian defender John Kitolano is on his way to England to have a medical and complete a move to Wolves. The 18 year old left back is set to sign from Norwegian side Odd for around £990k inc. bonuses

TV2/Varden.

I assume he is "one for the future".

There was a story the other day that said he'd turned us down.

Does he not play CM , a more defensive midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back