• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the twatterati were right and there are going to be 4 more names on the Traore vid.

Dendoncker, Zinchenko, Moses and Kitolano (OK the last player is an under 23 but it fits ok?)

I just hope we actually manage to sign one or two this year, rather than ending up with just another also-ran (no offence, Alf)

Between Locadia, N'Diaye and Afobe, we've had some interesting deadline days over the past year, but I think tomorrow's going to eclipse them all.

Even if we don't get anything over the line, we're going to be constantly talked about.

Still some way to go before we get to Geoffrey Mujangi-Bia levels of excitement.

So do we presume Dendoncker is the big tent signing and then it is Zinchenko if we can twist his arm today and if not we go for Clucas

Nothing will top March 1999's triple swoop of Andy Turner, Darren Middleton and Jorgen Nielsen.

Nothing will top March 1999's triple swoop of Andy Turner, Darren Middleton and Jorgen Nielsen.

Weren't the Emblen/Claridge/Slater transfers all on the same day back in 1998?

Ah, the memories.

The Guardian's got a bit about our transfer activities, and our pursuit of Dendoncker in particular.

It looks like being a very satisfying window for Wolves; they are confident of pulling off a deal to sign Leander Dendoncker, the Anderlecht midfielder, according to reports in Belgium. The 23-year-old, linked with Crystal Palace, among others, is on his way to the Midlands to complete a deal. He attended Sint-Guido-Instituut on the outskirts of Brussels, the same school as Romelu Lukaku. If they get Dendoncker over the line, surely that would mean the end their interest in Sam Clucas, of Swansea City:

Aaaaand the next rumour.

Newcastle and Fulham are after Cav.

Weren't the Emblen/Claridge/Slater transfers all on the same day back in 1998?

Ah, the memories.

More or less, definitely all in short succession.

In 1997 we signed Michael Gilkes five minutes before the deadline, because Sir Jack was starting to get pissed off with McGhee (as well he might) we couldn't afford to do it until we managed to persuade Gillingham to pay actual money for Neil Masters. Just think, had that never happened then you'd never have had your 20+ year love affair with Gilkesy/Gilkeso/The Gilkester.

More or less, definitely all in short succession.

In 1997 we signed Michael Gilkes five minutes before the deadline, because Sir Jack was starting to get pissed off with McGhee (as well he might) we couldn't afford to do it until we managed to persuade Gillingham to pay actual money for Neil Masters. Just think, had that never happened then you'd never have had your 20+ year love affair with Gilkesy/Gilkeso/The Gilkester.

A Sliding Doors moment, indeed.

Aaaaand the next rumour.

Newcastle and Fulham are after Cav.

Only happens if Cav asks to go.

Someone will put up the pic of Ivan in London with his family from the other day as proof he is joining Fulham...

IT IS ON

Timmy II - As per reports in Belgium I'm told Wolves ARE in for Anderlecht's highly-rated 23-year-old defensive midfielder/centre half Leander Dendoncker

I would absolutely love dendocker. what would be his role do you think? CB in our system?

I can't open that. My Mrs is fluent in Danish though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back