• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure you'd class someone playing in the Belgium league as a marquee signing. Especially as I've never heard of him before today...

I'm not really sure you'd class someone playing in the Belgium league as a marquee signing. Especially as I've never heard of him before today...

#notpaidtoknowaboutforeignfootball

Dendoncker would be absolutely fucking top end. Brilliant if we can get it. And yet there is still talk of another on top of him and Zinchenko (if we can persuade him). I think that would a) kill the Clucas rumours stone dead and b) make me jump a ridiculous dance of joy round the lounge!

It's got to be a RWB, right? Or at least *a* wing-back, since Jonny can play both sides. It's the only part of the squad left where there's a clear lack of depth.

Danny Rose, and put Jonny on the right...

That would certainly be marquee. A MASSIVE marquee.

It's got to be a RWB, right? Or at least *a* wing-back, since Jonny can play both sides. It's the only part of the squad left where there's a clear lack of depth.
Not if we sign Zinchenko. It'll be either a CM or a CB, depending on where we see Dendocker playing.

I'm telling you, it's bloody Raphaël Guerreiro!

That's probably what Zinchenko would be coming here for.

It could be Jinks, it damn well could be.

I am fucking delighted I am off work this week. Inbetween the vast amount of decorating I need to do tomorrow while everyone else is in Ireland I am going to be keeping a VERY close eye on SSN on deadline day. How am I supposed to fit in my planned 16 hour stint on Skyrim????

A striker would be lovely...

We have Jimenez. He is going to be the number one striker. Hardly going to move from Benfica to be cover, especially with that £30m purchase clause in there. Bonatini will be the back up, and we also have Jota to play centrally. I would be amazed if another striker comes in tomorrow.

I think the signing of Traore was also to give more options when we want to use Jota through the middle, so I also can't see a striker coming in now.

I think the signing of Traore was also to give more options when we want to use Jota through the middle, so I also can't see a striker coming in now.

This. You put it better than I did - exactly what I meant to imply, but didn't make it so clear.

Yep. We are done with the front line now. 6 options to cover the 3 spaces and as you say we can go with the Jiminez/Leo in the middle or Jota

Yep. We are done with the front line now. 6 options to cover the 3 spaces and as you say we can go with the Jiminez/Leo in the middle or Jota

Exactly - it also gives us that badly needed 'we ay gor ennuff strikers' angle on social media from a certain section of our support. It wouldn't be deadline day without that. Hopefully we sign an unknown 18 year old striker for the U23s just for shits and giggles.

People will not rest until we sign that 20 goals a season striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back