• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening everyone. Enjoy reading through the forum so thought I’d give it a bit of a go, seeing as it’s going to be a very interesting season . Looking forward to Saturday and the window being over so we can stop getting linked to every tom, dick and harry. However, it’s nice to see that no one has mentioned is attempting to sign frimpong anymore (unless I’ve missed it on the forum)!

Fuck me ban him!

Seriously welcome sir. I am the twat who seems to piss many off as I read runes insist myths are fact and get nervous whenever we play a shit team. I also have exceptionally thick skin

Tim Nash -

Adama Traore. Signed. Sealed. A @Wolves player. Traore has spent the last two days in Wolverhampton undergoing a medical and even met the Jackson brothers today!

Assume an official announcement shortly or first thing then.

Fuck me ban him!

Seriously welcome sir. I am the twat who seems to piss many off as I read runes insist myths are fact and get nervous whenever we play a shit team. I also have exceptionally thick skin

Nah, I love all that shit Cyber! ;)

Good Evening everyone. Enjoy reading through the forum so thought I’d give it a bit of a go, seeing as it’s going to be a very interesting season . Looking forward to Saturday and the window being over so we can stop getting linked to every tom, dick and harry. However, it’s nice to see that no one has mentioned is attempting to sign frimpong anymore (unless I’ve missed it on the forum)!

Carsy - ignore most of this

It's just preseason mania which grips us during a transfer window

In reality this is a highly erudite, well informed forum (though there is the occasional weird offshoot thread)

Tim Nash -

Assume an official announcement shortly or first thing then.

Tim Nash
‏ @TimNash_1
@Wolves are due to announce and unveil Traore tomorrow, and I'm told there could be two more signings before Thursday's 5pm deadline, including a possible 'marquee' arrival.

Traore and a tent arriving

2 more potentially. Centre half and rwb for me. For those of you who have attended the pre season games, how has Jonny looked?

A tent to cover the Graham Hughes Stand?

Nuno said: “We look at every player the same way. What difference can he make inside the team? Yes, (he has) some specific things that we can take advantage of.”

I gather he’s more defensive minded than Barry? Does he still play as a
Wingback or more of a fullback? Hope we don’t revert to a flat back 5 from the off

Wingback or more of a fullback? Hope we don’t revert to a flat back 5 from the off

He was a wingback, no doubt about that. Certainly as the game went on he spent more time forward than in defence. That said he will be very handy when we play someone like City and our wingbacks are needed more in defence

Thought he got forward well, linked well with Boly behind him and Jota in front of him. Good control and uses the ball well.

Basically a ton of people (not just on here, on other forums and on social media) judged him off one admittedly really shit cross vs Derby and ruled him out as a LWB based on that.

He's a good player and he'll fit in.

Good to hear. Aware there will be times when it acts as a back 5, no different to last year when we were under the cosh but i’d Hate for us to ‘go into a shell’ because we’re playing in a higher league. By the sounds of it , it doesn’t look like that’s the case.

Good to hear. Aware there will be times when it acts as a back 5, no different to last year when we were under the cosh but i’d Hate for us to ‘go into a shell’ because we’re playing in a higher league. By the sounds of it , it doesn’t look like that’s the case.

If you look at City away last season - that simply had to be a five a lot of the time, put our wingbacks where they normally are and we'd have conceded five (one of them was Benno anyway so it wouldn't have happened). They weren't locked into their own half - Vinagre mugging off Walker was right by their corner flag - but we largely had to defend.

But that's against the very best team in the country. Most games we will just go out and play. We won't fear the likes of Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc, we'll just do what we normally do and back ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back