• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, the rumours site has Doherty to the Magpies for £7m, Danny Rose coming in and Jonny moving to the right. #ReliableSauce

That would be some real David Copperfield shit

giphy.gif

Nash says Bright and Batth are on the way out.
Be surprised to see Bright go permanently, unless Nuno has decided he's a lost cause? What he does need is a loan to a Championship club with the intention of playing him week in week in whatever position we feel is his best - I think it's 10, but we don't use one of them.

As you will see from the post quoted - I say if we sort it, then all well and good.

My point is about priorities. If they all get sorted then I will be delighted, obviously. I just think you should concentrate on the weaknesses first, but that's just me, I guess.

It's not like we can only deal with one transfer at a time. If we don't sign a rwb or a rcb it's got fuck all to do with signing traore, it's because we couldn't find the right player for the right deal

I know, I know. All I am saying is that (I guess) I will judge the merits of the Traore deal when I see the squad at 5.01pm on Thursday night. If the other concerns are dealt with then fair enough, we have given ourselves another option in an area of strength. If they aren't then I reserve the right to have a nagging worry.

Have there been any other rumours today then? Are we signing Alderwiereld?! Going to be very active on deadline day I imagine.

I know, I know. All I am saying is that (I guess) I will judge the merits of the Traore deal when I see the squad at 5.01pm on Thursday night. If the other concerns are dealt with then fair enough, we have given ourselves another option in an area of strength. If they aren't then I reserve the right to have a nagging worry.

But if you acknowledge that the signing of traore has zero impact on other potential deals, why would you partly judge the merits of the traore deal on whether we get other business over the line?

If he gets five goals and ten assists next season, he's still had the same season whether we have Doherty and Bennett there, or Cancelo and Mina

Be surprised to see Bright go permanently, unless Nuno has decided he's a lost cause? What he does need is a loan to a Championship club with the intention of playing him week in week in whatever position we feel is his best - I think it's 10, but we don't use one of them.
Don't think the tweet specified if either deal was going to be loan or permanent.

But if you acknowledge that the signing of traore has zero impact on other potential deals, why would you partly judge the merits of the traore deal on whether we get other business over the line?

If he gets five goals and ten assists next season, he's still had the same season whether we have Doherty and Bennett there, or Cancelo and Mina

Because my concern is that this off-on saga could potentially distract us from other more important areas. I am sure I will be wrong and everyone else will rock up between now and Thursday but if we just get Traore then I think that is to the detriment of the team. Yes - he could get those assists and goals but if the other gaps cost us points then it is really a bit irrelevant.

It's not like all of our senior leadership team are holed up at the Riverside for the last two weeks of the window, ignoring calls from the world's best wing backs mate.

I am sure it isn't. Hopefully we get everything that they want over the line in the next few days.

Well, well, the rumours site has Doherty to the Magpies for £7m, Danny Rose coming in and Jonny moving to the right. #ReliableSauce

Even if another WB back is signed which moves Doherty out of first choice that arrangement still only leaves us with 1 RWB - then again £7m is worth taking for him

(wasn't going to come on till the Traore situation was 'done & dusted' one way or the other - it hasn't been though I have succumbed!)

£7m for doc :)

I'd love Rose, but perhaps a more reliastic target might be Like Shaw.

Really? I don't know but wouldn't Shaw be a higher earner at United than Rose is at Tottenham?

Really? I don't know but wouldn't Shaw be a higher earner at United than Rose is at Tottenham?

Yeah and Rose has had plenty to say on that, I doubt we would pay what he wants.

Surely we can't let Doc go for £7M massively underpriced :)

Traore is probably one of the most disparate I've seen two sets of fans, talking to a Boro season ticket holder today and he is devestated that they are losing him whereas our fan base seems at best "meh". The Boro fan was talking about how much he improved over the season and how good he could,become if he continues to improve.

I can only assume that Nuno is expecting us to be under the cost more often than not and that Traore's pace will allow us to push teams back and relieve pressure on us.

Bristol City fans also thougjt Bobby Reid was the best player in the league and many of us thougn Sako was going to eclispe Palace.

Bristol City fans also thougjt Bobby Reid was the best player in the league and many of us thougn Sako was going to eclispe Palace.

Not suggesting he's as good as my Boro supporting colleague has suggested, just using an anecdote to highlight how different the Boro fan base see Traore compaired to how many of us see him!

I'm a little on the fence, he's not as bad as some suggest, but I'm not sure if he's a player we should have focused on buying. I'll wait and see on this transfer I think!

Not suggesting he's as good as my Boro supporting colleague has suggested, just using an anecdote to highlight how different the Boro fan base see Traore compaired to how many of us see him!

I'm a little on the fence, he's not as bad as some suggest, but I'm not sure if he's a player we should have focused on buying. I'll wait and see on this transfer I think!

I am really trying to be objective. Yes I see the concerns of some re the right side at the back but then Doherty has been pretty much ever present under Nuno and once Bennet was in it was hard to get him out. They clearly do as he tells them and that appears to count for lots.
Traore is an enigma. But he is an absolute powerhouse two footed speed merchant enigma. If he can also listen to Nuno we could be on to a real find. So I ca totally see why we would want him in our attacking arsenal.

Then we have to have a touch of realism. Despite all evidence that Fosun really have got the plan, the means , the team and the nous for a prolonged stay in the premier league the fact remains that we have had two stays totalling 4 seasons in that league this century. It needs a player with both ability and faith to make the jump to wolves or else you are only attracting the same standard you already have.

Ruddy was championship goalkeeper of the season and has been replaced. That was as much about opportunity as anything.
Doherty was almost an ever present. He could still be replaced
Afobe was bought on monday and moved on a week later.

There is no doubt in my mind that the powers that be have a plan,and will be as ruthless as necessary in carrying it out. So dont be surprised at all if we still do plenty of busness before thursday evening or that we do no more. The former however is more likely.

IIRC Afobe had said a lot of things (January) that would of been very embarrasing with him moving back to Bouremouth, he said very little when signed permanently for us before his move to Stoke so I think we helped out of a hole he'd dug for himself and the small profit was just a byproduct.

Traore is probably one of the most disparate I've seen two sets of fans, talking to a Boro season ticket holder today and he is devestated that they are losing him whereas our fan base seems at best "meh". The Boro fan was talking about how much he improved over the season and how good he could,become if he continues to improve.

I can only assume that Nuno is expecting us to be under the cost more often than not and that Traore's pace will allow us to push teams back and relieve pressure on us.

Traore was to boro what Sako was to us. Standing out as more talented than the majority of his clubmates.
As a result, boro last season, like us frequently with sako, would give him the ball and hope he creates something magical.
People also comment of Traore's poor defensive qualities - that also sounds familiar!
Be interesting to see how Traore works as part of a team, rather than being the focal point. The reduced pressure may aid him develop.

Traore was to boro what Sako was to us. Standing out as more talented than the majority of his clubmates.
As a result, boro last season, like us frequently with sako, would give him the ball and hope he creates something magical.
People also comment of Traore's poor defensive qualities - that also sounds familiar!
Be interesting to see how Traore works as part of a team, rather than being the focal point. The reduced pressure may aid him develop.

Just spoken to a keen Boro fan who is working here today. He is absolutely gutted to lose Traore. Said it took him a year to settle there but last season he was more hot than cold. The effect of him and his speed and pace was to energise and excite the crowd. We had that with Sako. Heres hoping then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back