• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s next out for me after Danny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think it's more important to sell somebody who never plays than somebody who looks set to start most games, but you believe to be terrible? Logical....

He's okay to leave now anyway, Deutsch has found a new toy.

Whatever your feelings about Doherty, we're woefully understocked at RWB, and if we were to get a newcomer in, I'd hope that he'd be an improvement.

Ditto for CB- I'm not casting any aspersions on Bennett when I say that I hope we buy an upgrade on him before the season starts.

He's okay to leave now anyway, Deutsch has found a new toy.

giphy.gif

Certainly has the hair!

Doc was fine on saturday, involved in a little bit of calamitous defending in the first half, but very far from our worst performer. Made some decent runs and, shockingly I admit, made at least one good cross for Jimenez to head over the bar. Everyone can be improved upon but he is far from a bombscare.

Whatever your feelings about Doherty, we're woefully understocked at RWB, and if we were to get a newcomer in, I'd hope that he'd be an improvement.

Ditto for CB- I'm not casting any aspersions on Bennett when I say that I hope we buy an upgrade on him before the season starts.

I believe Jonny is the RWB cover, in fact he may end up being first choice there.

You think it's more important to sell somebody who never plays than somebody who looks set to start most games, but you believe to be terrible? Logical....

I’m sorry it doesn’t fit in with your logic Rich, but to me it’s quite simple.

Danny (for me) needs to go now as we aren’t gonna play him at all this season (one would hope) and it’s not doing his career any good staying here.

Obviously I don’t particularly rate Doherty but I do accept that he would be an ‘okay-ish’ back up to a better RWB.

In that respect I’d bin Danny now... and Doc next...

Hope that has helped. [emoji4]

It's like me throwing away a chair I never sit on, but keeping the uncomfortable chair* I use every night.

*Chair may or may not have dildo attachment

Yeah in an ideal world, but replace them with who and what? Its not as if there is plenty of quality available and we dont want to pay through the nose for virtually no upgrade, that has been part of the Traore Furore ( see what I did there).

Doherty was one of THE most improved players in 2017-18. He lost weight, learnt and his defending was also ok. On ssaturday Saiss let him down. When Bennet came on they looked solid. Not world class, but solid. There has to be stability in some areas given how many changes we could be making. I am OK with Doc and Bennett starting the season. Ideally I would like back up but we cant have everything.

This time last year we pretty much ALL wanted Coady gone. That proved to me hasty. Whose to say Doherty and Bennett wont make us feel the same?

It's like me throwing away a chair I never sit on, but keeping the uncomfortable chair* I use every night.

*Chair may or may not have dildo attachment

What you get up to at home is of no relevance here...

Yeah in an ideal world, but replace them with who and what? Its not as if there is plenty of quality available and we dont want to pay through the nose for virtually no upgrade, that has been part of the Traore Furore ( see what I did there).

Doherty was one of THE most improved players in 2017-18. He lost weight, learnt and his defending was also ok. On ssaturday Saiss let him down. When Bennet came on they looked solid. Not world class, but solid. There has to be stability in some areas given how many changes we could be making. I am OK with Doc and Bennett starting the season. Ideally I would like back up but we cant have everything.

This time last year we pretty much ALL wanted Coady gone. That proved to me hasty. Whose to say Doherty and Bennett wont make us feel the same?

I’m loving ‘Traore furore’... [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Traore is a risk but the price really isn't very high. He could have an absolute mare all season but you'd still find championship teams willing to chuck at the very least £10-12m at him next summer without any doubt whatsover.

The upside on the other hand is potentially very big. He has some pretty extreme skills in his pace and close control, if we can make it work his value will skyrocket. How much are Palace asking for Zaha again? I am by no means certain he will work out for us but he brings something different and gives us a bit of strength in depth, I really can't understand how he's not worth the risk

I'm sure I saw reports that Palace want upwards of £70m for Zaha.

Don't know. That's not my job- I'm not a talent scout. I'm just saying what I see as the weakest elements of our squad, and where we need most improvement.

For Doherty, at least, I see value in getting Zinchenko in and moving Jonny over, but I'm no expert.

This time last year, we hadn't seen Coady in his current role at all.

This year, we've seen Bennett and Doherty in their current roles for a year.

There's a bit of a difference.

Don't know. That's not my job- I'm not a talent scout. I'm just saying what I see as the weakest elements of our squad, and where we need most improvement.

For Doherty, at least, I see value in getting Zinchenko in and moving Jonny over, but I'm no expert.

This time last year, we hadn't seen Coady in his current role at all.

This year, we've seen Bennett and Doherty in their current roles for a year.

There's a bit of a difference.

fair enough. Doherty has been good in what I have seen of pre seson with some great last ditch stuff and decent positional sense with Bennett. As I say if Vida lands here on Thursday then fair enough

Nash says Bright and Batth are on the way out.

Nash says Bright and Batth are on the way out.
Bright needs to go on loan as he will be 7th in line . Batth needs to go but we will need to sign someone before that happens.

In May 2013 we lost 2-0 at Brighton to be relegated to League 1. Doherty is the only player who started that day who is still at the club (Batth was a sub, as we had a rock solid CB pairing of Johnson and Gorkss). I think the guy deserves massive credit for what he has achieved since. No, he won't be the best RWB in the Prem, but he'll be a long way from the worst RB/RWB. He's made the absolute most of his talent and I think he's to be applauded for that.

In May 2013 we lost 2-0 at Brighton to be relegated to League 1. Doherty is the only player who started that day who is still at the club (Batth was a sub, as we had a rock solid CB pairing of Johnson and Gorkss). I think the guy deserves massive credit for what he has achieved since. No, he won't be the best RWB in the Prem, but he'll be a long way from the worst RB/RWB. He's made the absolute most of his talent and I think he's to be applauded for that.

Got rinsed by LuaLua on both goals, if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back