• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need four wide forwards, Bright was the fourth last season and he hardly played after about October.

Rui/Ruddy

Doherty/Jonny

Douglas/Vinagre

Bennett/Coady/Boly/Hause/New CB

Neves/Moutinho/Saiss

Costa/Traore

Jota/Cavaleiro

Jiminez/Bonatini

20 players. Another signing on top of Traore/New CB would take us to 21. Hause may drop out if we sign another CM and use Saiss to cover both CB and CM. Same with Bonatini if we sign another good striker.

For me Bright is nowhere near good enough for where we are at this moment, his finishing is absolutely atrocious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me Bright is nowhere near good enough for where we are at this moment, his finishing is absolutely atrocious

He isn't, but he doesn't play anyway.

Imagine if we spent £10m+ on a centre half now purely to replace Hause's place in the squad. Someone who isn't anything like as good as our first choices and so would hardly ever feature. It would be ludicrous.

So from now, on that basis, 4 new players then.

No idea how you came to that conclusion when the only position you don't have 2 in 1 cover is CB. Not taking into account anyone moving out on loan and/or being upgraded.

Centre back is a problem area at the moment, big big step up in terms of strikers/attackers we will be facing. Mo Salah, Hazard, De Bruyne running at that back line, feck.

Totally agree. Boly, Coady and a newcomer whose a significant upgrade on Bennett would make me feel better.

Do you not consider Cav to be outside of the best XI when playing here then?
79b7955d55b76661dbb2644fa7dba953.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Teams
Young Boys: Von Ballmoos, Bertone, Sulejmani, Sow, Fasnacht, Assale, Garcia, Wuthrich, Benito, Mbabu, Hoarau.

Wolves (3-4-3): Ruddy (Norris, 45) (Sondergaard, 83); Bennett, Coady (c), Boly (Hause, 63); Doherty (Batth, 63), Neves (Goncalves, 63), Gibbs-White (Watt, 63), Giles (John, 63); Costa (Mir, 63), Bonatini (Ashley-Seal, 63), Cavaleiro (Enobakhare, 45)

Do you not consider Cav to be inside the best XI there?

As I said, we have not played (what we would consider) our best starting XI yet. I have also not said he IS in our best XI, just hinted that I would rather him off the bench than Bright

No idea how you came to that conclusion when the only position you don't have 2 in 1 cover is CB. Not taking into account anyone moving out on loan and/or being upgraded.

My 4 - Jonny, Moutinho, Traore and one other a CB.

Surely a simple conclusion to draw? Christ a few of you are quite snarky on here aren't you?

I do think there's something to be said for the argument that Traore's speed is a good option off the bench/in certain games in this league where we are likely to be defending deeper against stronger teams, meaning our wing backs and wide forwards are tucked right back in a defensive formation. Getting from back-to-front quickly would be ideal in those games and you can see where someone as rapid as Traore might fit in that sense. I do worry about his delivery and finishing generally - it's Mo Camaraesque.

Usain Bolt wouldn't cost £18m and he's after a contract somewhere...

I dunno, if the manager wants him then he's earned the trust I suppose, no matter if I think that Traore is a circus freak. I can't see it working out though, I think he'll either a) be rubbish, b) be largely unused and/or c) cause Cav to leave.

Teams
Young Boys: Von Ballmoos, Bertone, Sulejmani, Sow, Fasnacht, Assale, Garcia, Wuthrich, Benito, Mbabu, Hoarau.

Wolves (3-4-3): Ruddy (Norris, 45) (Sondergaard, 83); Bennett, Coady (c), Boly (Hause, 63); Doherty (Batth, 63), Neves (Goncalves, 63), Gibbs-White (Watt, 63), Giles (John, 63); Costa (Mir, 63), Bonatini (Ashley-Seal, 63), Cavaleiro (Enobakhare, 45)

Do you not consider Cav to be inside the best XI there?

You have made 2 statements this morning.

a) "Cav was suspended for the first few games of the season"
b) "Cav hasn't been part of the B team" (paraphrasing)

On both occasions i have proved you wrong, just accept it.

There IS some evidence to suggest that Cav may be sold if we sign Traore, that is the whole basis of what i'm saying. Do you dispute that?

My 4 - Jonny, Moutinho, Traore and one other a CB.

Surely a simple conclusion to draw? Christ a few of you are quite snarky on here aren't you?

I'd included Moutinho and Jonny in the players I'd listed. So it's now down to two then?

You have made 2 statements this morning.

a) "Cav was suspended for the first few games of the season"
b) "Cav hasn't been part of the B team" (paraphrasing)

On both occasions i have proved you wrong, just accept it.

There is some evidence to suggest that Cav may be sold if we sign Traore.

FUCK ME YOU'RE HARD WORK!

Was he suspended at the start of last season?
Should the player who began the season be immediately dropped or given his chance?

Your "paraphrasing" is completely wrong. I said that we haven't, in ANY game (We've played 2 in Switzerland, 1 in the UK and 2 half games) played our strongest XI, you have assumed that I meant that Cav has only played in the strongest XI (which he did in the 2nd game vs Young Boys and the game vs Ajax)

Full-Time: Wolves 1 Ajax 1

Wolves: Norris (Ruddy 46), Doherty, Bennett (Goncalves 71), Cavaleiro (Ashley-Seal 71), Neves (Watt 84), Costa (Enobakhare 84), Giles (John 84), Boly (Batth 84), Coady (Hause 84), Gibbs-White (Saiss 71), Jota (Mir 84).

Fucking hell Wolves - just sign someone.

FUCK ME YOU'RE HARD WORK!

Was he suspended at the start of last season?
Should the player who began the season be immediately dropped or given his chance?

Your "paraphrasing" is completely wrong. I said that we haven't, in ANY game (We've played 2 in Switzerland, 1 in the UK and 2 half games) played our strongest XI, you have assumed that I meant that Cav has only played in the strongest XI )which he did in the 2nd game vs Young Boys and the game vs Ajax)

Full-Time: Wolves 1 Ajax 1

Wolves: Norris (Ruddy 46), Doherty, Bennett (Goncalves 71), Cavaleiro (Ashley-Seal 71), Neves (Watt 84), Costa (Enobakhare 84), Giles (John 84), Boly (Batth 84), Coady (Hause 84), Gibbs-White (Saiss 71), Jota (Mir 84).

I'm hard work?? Ha.

You've talked bollocks mate, he was suspended for 1 game, and he only play played 90mins on 6 occasions last season.

He has also played with the stiffs in one of the friendlies (as well as with the first team)

"There is some evidence to suggest that Cav may be sold if we sign Traore." is the crux of what i'm saying, for some reason you dispute that!?

We are looking at spending 18million on a player that plays in his position.

We don't need four wide forwards, Bright was the fourth last season and he hardly played after about October.

Yes and we had zero injuries. What happens if someone gets injured? We then have zero options from the bench. 3 players in that position is not enough. Especially when Jota May play as the other option up front in some games.

I'm hard work?? Ha.

You've talked bollocks mate, he was suspended for 1 game, and he only play played 90mins on 6 occasions last season.

He has also played with the stiffs in one of the friendlies (as well as with the first team)

"There is some evidence to suggest that Cav may be sold if we sign Traore." is the crux of what i'm saying, for some reason you dispute that!?

I think it's more a case of me not believing we will sell him as why would we? (ie I don't want us to sell him)
He didn't finish games or maybe even start games but he popped up with quite a few goals and assists and I don't think Traore would replace his output.
We basically had 5 into 3 last season so two of Jota, Bonatini, Costa, Cav and Afobe were not going to start. That is no reason to dismiss his appearances as an on fire 3 of Costa, Bonatini, Jota is hard to break up and even when Leo wasn't scoring he was contributing to the effectiveness of the team

Hope that explains my "bollocks"

Yes and we had zero injuries. What happens if someone gets injured? We then have zero options from the bench. 3 players in that position is not enough. Especially when Jota May play as the other option up front in some games.

MGW can play wide if we bring in another CM.

I don't want him struggling to get on our bench because we've signed a player we don't need.

It would be nice to have another option for times like when Jota lost his mojo after being constantly subjected to GBH, there was nobody really to take his place and give him a much needed breather. Not saying Traore's that player but I've just never been comfortable with just three players covering those two positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back