• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiers isn't counting Moutinho or Jonny in that count, right?

Not sure how happy I feel about Saiss being shoved into the back line- feels like a sticking plaster rather than a permanent solution to me.

Think Bright and Cav are having their pace a little undersold. Also think Bright performed perfectly well at the beginning of last season is people are still weirdly much too harsh on him.

Now, is he (Bright) ever likely to be the answer to any questions in the Prem? Sadly, I doubt it. But do I think he's any less likely to grow into a quality Prem player than Adama Traore? Categorically not.

I'm not keen on Cirque du Adama but he is absolutely stratospheres ahead of Bright who for all his raw ability, doesn't actually do very much at all as it stands.

Tim: Hi is there any news?

Club source: Nope

To be fair to Timmy II he has actually started to build a good relationship with the club. Once he got over his Nasty Fosun stage (the sacking of KJ cut him deep man) and started to act a little but like journalist the club have responded to him.

Adama appeared 35 times last season with 5 goals and 10 assists. If Bright got that kind of run in a team in the Championship I'm not convinced he wouldn't end up around that kind of output.

Well he has one league goal in his entire career to date, that's some leap.

Adama appeared 35 times last season with 5 goals and 10 assists. If Bright got that kind of run in a team in the Championship I'm not convinced he wouldn't end up around that kind of output.

Bright played 643 minutes last season (just over 7 games) he got 1 goal and 1 assist.

He absolutely wouldn’t. And if it was remotely true, there’d be a queue of championship clubs after him for £10m.

Brights dribbling skills are incredible but that's where it ends for me. In the H cup he was dropping very deep to link play which he did reasonably well but I just don't see what he can offer this side. He needs to go on loan and get regular games and start to show an end product, if he can find that he could be a decent player.

If it's Bright or Traore then I choose the latter but as Johnny said not for 18 million quid.

Not seen anything about the senior pros who aren't in Nuno's plans, Iorfa, Graham, Zyro etc. Anyone know if they are training on their own, with the first team or the U23's?

Not seen anything about the senior pros who aren't in Nuno's plans, Iorfa, Graham, Zyro etc. Anyone know if they are training on their own, with the first team or the U23's?

They must be training as a (not wanted) group. The 1st team and Development squads have all been out of the country for a fair amount of the pre-season

There must be a lot of movement going out of the club soon too. Its a decent list. There have to be some championship takers for many either on loan or permenant

Iorfa should get a Championship move. Graham too I suppose although he's barely played any football now in two and a half years.

No-one has a clue about German Phil. Probably a quiet move back to the German second tier.

Zyro (post-injury), Gladon, Mason and Ebanks-Landell are not Championship players.

Iorfa should get a Championship move. Graham too I suppose although he's barely played any football now in two and a half years.

No-one has a clue about German Phil. Probably a quiet move back to the German second tier.

Zyro (post-injury), Gladon, Mason and Ebanks-Landell are not Championship players.

Wigan want Graham
Mason will probably get a L1 loan
EEL was training with Bolton but their finances are a bit shit
Zyro will probably make a move back into Europe
German Phil will be put down

Probably won't see much movement until after the Prem Window closes.

Wigan have signed McManaman, so I guess they've moved on from Graham.

EFL shuts on the same day. Everything has to be done by 9th August this year.

I thought they could do loans until the end of August? Obviously where I read that was talking shit.

Ok, we will see all them move on deadline day

So, as it stands...

......................Jimenez....................
Jota........................................Costa
..............Neves....Moutinho..............
Douglas..................................Jonny
...........Boly....Coady....Saiss............
......................Patricio.....................

If we could get a top-drawer first-choice striker and another CB (I really am not sold on Saiss playing there from what I've seen of Morocco), I'd be happy with that as a first-choice team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back