• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see why Wolves want him based on this video, which admittedly doesn't show any of the bad stuff.

https://youtu.be/CjBStuzcMKE

But jeez. The pace and ability to go past people is absolutely insane! Imagine him coming off the bench against tiring legs. Just need him to get the ball to another Wolves player on a consistent basis.

:icon_lol:

Was basing that on the 5pm announcements for Raul + Rui.

Maybe Japan is being held back 24 hours so we can announce him and Jonny at the same time?

Hey! I know you want a strikeforce of Jesus, Serge & Lukaku in PTG but these are pretty underhand tactics, my friend! :icon_lol:

I just wanted Lukaku :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Was basing that on the 5pm announcements for Raul + Rui.

Maybe Japan is being held back 24 hours so we can announce him and Jonny at the same time?

I should quit whilst you are ahead Jinky (though not sure that you are) :icon_smile:

You can see why Wolves want him based on this video, which admittedly doesn't show any of the bad stuff.

https://youtu.be/CjBStuzcMKE

But jeez. The pace and ability to go past people is absolutely insane! Imagine him coming off the bench against tiring legs. Just need him to get the ball to another Wolves player on a consistent basis.

Hell of a lot of clips there that cut off before the end of his run, creative editing you might call it I guess, whilst there's obviously ability there that you could try to harness it just doesn't appear a good fit to me, Wolves game last season was based on teamwork not just giving it to someone fast/skillful and seeing how far they could take it. From what I've seen of Traore and this recent Wolves team their styles are just completely at odds with one another, he's not going to be dropping into spaces and trying to play neat interchanges around defenders, he'll want to get the ball into his feet and just run with it as often as possible, it's what McCarthy would've wanted to spice up a workmanlike side not what a thoughtful manager wants to fit into a tactically well drilled unit.

I'm disappointed,thought Japan,Jonny were jiminent,he's obviously not Jin the know

IF we are interested then I think it’s because our coaching team/staff believe they can turn his ability to beat players and pace into something that works in our framework. We are already pretty scary on the counter attack especially runnin from the inside channels (or ‘half space’) which he could very much add to. I’m either way on signing him, he has potential to be very very good but if we don’t sign him I won’t be upset as we have a lot of quality already

Ready to get shot down here, but if you could.get him to tackle and understand positioning you've got an amazing WB. Doesnt really fit with our style of inside forwards.

You'd have the same if you taught an NFL wide receiver how to play football.

He has plenty of physical attributes, but that's how he sucks people in. Fast forward five years and I bet people will still be going on about his potential.

You'd have the same if you taught an NFL wide receiver how to play football.

He has plenty of physical attributes, but that's how he sucks people in. Fast forward five years and I bet people will still be going on about his potential.

He does have awareness though, he slows down, draws people in and then accelerates away.

For me anyway, he does have an awareness of what's going on around him

Ready to get shot down here, but if you could.get him to tackle and understand positioning you've got an amazing WB. Doesnt really fit with our style of inside forwards.

Disagree with this. He is far more effective when dribbling/running with the ball through the middle. He isn't just quick, or physical, he has a lot of technical ability to go past people at the speed that he does. And he can be creative (ie. that pass against us to set up Bamford), but I can see why people would also not be interested. I think if we go for it it's worth the *risk*

IF we are interested then I think it’s because our coaching team/staff believe they can turn his ability to beat players and pace into something that works in our framework. We are already pretty scary on the counter attack especially runnin from the inside channels (or ‘half space’) which he could very much add to. I’m either way on signing him, he has potential to be very very good but if we don’t sign him I won’t be upset as we have a lot of quality already

I suppose it's the ultimate trump card really. If we buy him then most of us put faith in Nuno and trust it a lot more than we do when it's just a rumour flying round, regardless of everyone's different thoughts on em

Yeah I guess. I'm not saying everybody should just blindly get on board with whatever Nuno does, though. If people think Traore would be a poor signing that is fair enough. Nuno has obviously earned our trust, but I'm sure he is due a mistake or two as he has been pretty faultless so far!

For example, I am really interested to see if we do genuinely have Saiss as a starter at centre back come the Everton game. I think it could help our build up play but could expose us somewhat defensively, as I don't think he would be the most mobile in that position or is especially brilliant defending 1v1. It could really go either way though.

Yeah I guess. I'm not saying everybody should just blindly get on board with whatever Nuno does, though. If people think Traore would be a poor signing that is fair enough. Nuno has obviously earned our trust, but I'm sure he is due a mistake or two as he has been pretty faultless so far!

For example, I am really interested to see if we do genuinely have Saiss as a starter at centre back come the Everton game. I think it could help our build up play but could expose us somewhat defensively, as I don't think he would be the most mobile in that position or is especially brilliant defending 1v1. It could really go either way though.

Would be happier with another serious starter at C/H with Saiss being able to cover both there & in C/M as and when needed (Hause, Bennett & him at C/B with him also being able to cover the midfield position is reasonable cover)

Nah not putting words in your mouth. Just saying most of us will trust things more as they happen as you know Nuno and the gang have seen something, or they're being forced into it by these pesky billionaires. If you were pretty skeptical about something I guess you might hope more than trust ha

Agree PLF. I can still see us strengthening there anyway if someone comes available for the right deal (ie. Mina on loan?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back