• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is a big reveal planned today for moutinho, Jonny and maybe traore?

Bristol post reckon we will join race for Joe Bryan if we can’t get Zinchenko

Strange one. Is he better than Vinagre? And I really couldn’t see us bringing Zinchenko in to play on the left. At least it points to Castro playing on the right, hopefully above Doherty in the pecking order obvs.

It tells me that we wanted Zinchenko as a LB rather than a CM. No wonder he was dragging his feet. If he sees himself as a CM and that’s where he wants to play then he’ll have been holding out for a move to somewhere that will play him there. Can’t blame him for that and clearly we’ve moved on to other targets (Jonny).

That frees up £16m to spend elsewhere. Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see Andre Silva come in on a permanent deal before the window closes.

Bristol Post know sod all.

Bryan is very good when he's on form, absolutely woeful when he isn't.

Can't say I'm that excited about Traore especially if it means we lose Cav but Nuno has clearly seen something he thinks he can work with and he's got pretty much everything right so far. Will be gutted to see Cav go he's been a pleasure to watch [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

There's just no point in selling him, it doesn't make sense. If he's that out of the picture (and even with Adama I don't think he should be) loan him out to Fulham or Huddersfield or something, give him a year of PL pedigree and the £15m talked about now becomes £25m this time next year

What makes you so sure?

Just a feeling in my water. Plus the fact that Nuno loves him. What would be the point of bringing in Traore and flogging Cav for the same price or thereabouts? If you're asking if I know something then I'll have to leave you disappointed, but I'd happily chuck a bet down that he's still here at the end of the season.

There's just no point in selling him, it doesn't make sense. If he's that out of the picture (and even with Adama I don't think he should be) loan him out to Fulham or Huddersfield or something, give him a year of PL pedigree and the £15m talked about now becomes £25m this time next year

sounds sensible to me

I just wonder if there is something we aren't aware of, he rarely completed games last season, Bright was picked ahead of him a lot early on, and in this pre season he has been outside the first team again.
When you also see bids from Fulham and Huddersfield, which we didn't rebuke with any sort of statement to say he isn't for sale and we are looking at signing a player in his position for big money, it all suggests there's more to it.

I just wonder if there is something we aren't aware of, he rarely completed games last season, Bright was picked ahead of him a lot early on, and in this pre season he has been outside the first team again.
When you also see bids from Fulham and Huddersfield, which we didn't rebuke with any sort of statement to say he isn't for sale and we are looking at signing a player in his position for big money, it all suggests there's more to it.

We have three players to cover the wider forward positions; Jota, Costa and Cav. Traore would give us two for each position which is what we need.

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was football!

That hasnt happened since I was a kid!

This last 12 months has been dreamland for a Wolves fan.

I for one will never forget this. Its akin to signing Andy Gray and breaking the transfer record! I never never thought we would be here again so quickly. We have NEVER been in such a position. Its absolutely fucking awesome

We have three players to cover the wider forward positions; Jota, Costa and Cav. Traore would give us two for each position which is what we need.

On that basis we will be signing a lot more players then.

Think we've probably been through the Cav discussion enough already but for me the issue would be his pace. He did very well for us last season in those games where we struggled to break down compact defences - I'd say he was our main creative outlet in quite a few of those games.

This season will be different and if the Traore rumours are true it looks like Nuno intends to rely a lot more on pace on the flanks to further develop our very effective counterattacking tactics. Think about this: our WBs will have to drop deep to defend more often, our CMs are set up as fairly stationary ball players so not many runs from midfield, and our CFs are not the quickest and tend to drop very deep. That leaves only our wide forwards really ser up for quick counters. Cav was not quick enough to get behind or take defenders on in the championship and he certainly will not be in the prem. If we want to perfect that style of play we need to use players who fit the system. I din't think Cav quite does, and neither does Nuno it might seem. That doesn'tmean we're looking to get rid at all costs or that he isn't a good player, but theres no room for sentimentality and if we can get a good fee to help us move on to the next level then that's what we should do. Bringing in Moutinho and moving Saiss to CB might also indicate we'relooking to shift creative responsibility from cav's position helping to make his role redundant.

This ended up a bit longer than expected and is of course mostly speculation from my side, but I really believe I am on to something here. If Cav leaves you could see that as Nuno perfecting his system and bringing in his preferred type of players rather than purely upgrading on him.

Our last starting XI in the Premier League was
Ikeme - Zubar - Stearman - Berra - Ward: Hunt - Edwards - Henry - Jarvis: SEB - Doyle. Bench included Eggart Johnnson, Roger Johnson and Anthony Forde.

Suspect the team that kicks off agaisnt Everton would beat the 2011/12 team about 4-0

He was suspended for the first few matches and it would have been bad for Bright to just drop him. Players have to earn their place in the starting XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back