• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis we will be signing a lot more players then.

No.

GK Rui Patricio / John Ruddy / Will Norris

CB Willy Boly / Conor Coady / Ryan Bennett / Kortney Hause / Danny Batth

WB Matt Doherty / Barry Douglas / Ruben Vinagre / Jonny castro

CM Ruben Neves / Joao Moutinho / Romain Saiss / Morgan Gibbs-White

AM Helder Costa / Diogo Jota / Ivan Cavaleiro / Bright Enobakhare

ST Raul Jimenez / Leo Bonatini

No.

Centre back is a problem area at the moment, big big step up in terms of strikers/attackers we will be facing. Mo Salah, Hazard, De Bruyne running at that back line, feck.

No.

So from now, on that basis, 4 new players then.

I just wonder if there is something we aren't aware of, he rarely completed games last season, Bright was picked ahead of him a lot early on, and in this pre season he has been outside the first team again.
When you also see bids from Fulham and Huddersfield, which we didn't rebuke with any sort of statement to say he isn't for sale and we are looking at signing a player in his position for big money, it all suggests there's more to it.

Worth saying that the rumours were rebuked - albeit with a knowing wink on Twitter/Instagram from Cavaleiro's accounts (and the club's), rather than an explicit statement published on the website.

22 players there, Boozad - Nuno likes to work with about 20 doesn't he? Of your list could see loans for Norris, Hause and Bright, plus a sale for Batth, so that perhaps means 2/3 more to come in

Traore is being signed in addition, not as a replacement. He rarely finishes games because he runs round like a mad man and when you’ve got 3 subs it’s always going to be the attacking players that get switched.

Bright started the season because Costa was injured and Cav suspended, and as things were going ok and they wanted to try and persevere with Bright. However it quickly became apparent there wasn’t room for sentiment and he was rightly dropped.

No.

If we got Zinchencko then he could go in the cm bracket and Saiss moves back to cb with one of Batth or Hause moving on. If we did get Traore then he effectively replaces Bright from that list but Jota will be playing as the striker at times as well so I don’t think we’ll be signing someone like Silva.

So from now, on that basis, 4 new players then.

You always have a minimum of 2 keepers. If you are playing 3 at the back, it's best to have 5 to cover a dip in form, suspension and injury. 2 man midfield then at least 3, preferably 4 players. Wide players 2 for each position is ideal. Forwards, 1 up top then 3 is good.

How hard is it to understand?

Only Danny on that list isn't good enough for me. Not bad going!

So he wasn't "left out" at the start of the season then. What message does it send to a player to select him, we win the game and he plays well, then you drop him? Nuno doesn't do that. You make a rick and he will drop you soon enough though

Eh? You said he was suspended for the first few games of the season, he wasn't it was the first game and that only. He was then used pretty sparingly, look at the link he has only completed 90 mins on 6 occasions in the whole season, which is why i think there may be an underlying issue with him and why we may be looking to offload him in the event of signing Traore.

I hope not though, i love Cav.

who plays sweeper role if Coady gets injured/suspended ?

Boly for me, really comfortable on the ball and Hause in on the left but I want another CB so ignore all that!

You always have a minimum of 2 keepers. If you are playing 3 at the back, it's best to have 5 to cover a dip in form, suspension and injury. 2 man midfield then at least 3, preferably 4 players. Wide players 2 for each position is ideal. Forwards, 1 up top then 3 is good.

How hard is it to understand?

What is it that you think I'm struggling to understand?

Now this is complete speculation. Helder Costa has bulked up big style and kept his pace. Perhaps that gives us the strength and pace that Cav gives us complete with the skill ?

So far the club seem to know EXACTLY what they are doing and why so who the hell am I to question? INWT

Eh? You said he was suspended for the first few games of the season, he wasn't it was the first game and that only. He was then used pretty sparingly, look at the link he has only completed 90 mins on 6 occasions in the whole season, which is why i think there may be an underlying issue with him and why we may be looking to offload him in the event of signing Traore.

I hope not though, i love Cav.

You have also stated that he is "outside of the first XI this preseason"... We haven't played our best XI in ANY game and done a mix and match

You have also stated that he is "outside of the first XI this preseason"... We haven't played our best XI in ANY game and done a mix and match
Do you not consider Cav to be outside of the best XI when playing here then?
79b7955d55b76661dbb2644fa7dba953.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back