• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm legit confused tbh. The only reason I can think of that £5m makes sense if he's completely shot. I don't remember seeing much of him in the last few years, how's he been performing? Some cunt get on The Monaco Forum and see if they're scromiting
His wages will be astronomical. £100k p/w easy. I think Monaco needed him off the books.

Here is how the Guardian views our transfer business prior to the possible signing of Moutinho. I can't understand why.....

Wolves
An offshoot of the Portuguese league is establishing itself in the West Midlands, with goalkeeper Rui Patrício arriving from Sporting Lisbon as the headline signing of the summer and the Mexico striker Raúl Jiménez joining him on a season’s loan from Benfica. Wolves have been linked with Manchester City’s young Ukrainian prospect Oleksandr Zinchenko, though given what has already happened a move for Inter’s João Mário (briefly seen on loan at West Ham last season) seems more likely.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sfer-window-club-by-club-guide-premier-league

I'm legit confused tbh. The only reason I can think of that £5m makes sense if he's completely shot. I don't remember seeing much of him in the last few years, how's he been performing? Some $#@! get on The Monaco Forum and see if they're scromiting

Monaco fans do not use a forum. They send their butlers deliver the messages.

Monaco fans do not use a forum. They send their butlers deliver the messages.

tenor.gif

Here is how the Guardian views our transfer business prior to the possible signing of Moutinho. I can't understand why.....

Wolves
An offshoot of the Portuguese league is establishing itself in the West Midlands, with goalkeeper Rui Patrício arriving from Sporting Lisbon as the headline signing of the summer and the Mexico striker Raúl Jiménez joining him on a season’s loan from Benfica. Wolves have been linked with Manchester City’s young Ukrainian prospect Oleksandr Zinchenko, though given what has already happened a move for Inter’s João Mário (briefly seen on loan at West Ham last season) seems more likely.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sfer-window-club-by-club-guide-premier-league

"Key out; Jonathan Flatt (Scunthorpe, free)." :icon_lol:

It'll be quite a shock for Moutinho at the very least, the crystal blue waters of the French Riviera to Tettenhall Pool.

Sky Sports News reporting the Joao Moutinho deal has been agreed.

I'm legit confused tbh. The only reason I can think of that £5m makes sense if he's completely shot. I don't remember seeing much of him in the last few years, how's he been performing? Some $#@! get on The Monaco Forum and see if they're scromiting

That's a valid question, £5m is ridiculously cheap.

Quite a few of ours signings look a steal. Jota, Boly, even Neves at £15m looks a steal.

1 million less than Stoke have paid for Maclean.

Or 10 per cent of the Richarlison fee.

Let that sink in.

We lose Lemar, Fabinho, Moutinho ... the arrivals have interest to be good, even very good, because otherwise the season may be very very long ....

In the meantime we will replace it to 6 million a guy having his experience his palmares his talent ... it's really sold out. Falcao and Sidibé after. We did not finish the wanks in ldc ... in league 1 we will be at the best 3rd ...

I do not really believe in his departure ... there may be an agreement between the clubs but not the downstream of the player ... he is well settled in Monaco ... a very good salary ... I do not do not go especially to Wolves

These tears :ahah:
Tielemans will be able to give himself thoroughly this time. 8 :)

We wish Joao good luck to reconstruct the magic triangle with Helder Costa and Ivan Cavaleiro. We can close the topic;

It's a hard blow. He represented the soul of Monaco made in Rybo. As said above he was never injured and he was a player who was not reluctant to be on the bench as on the title season or he was a substitute for luxury. It was not a metronome but he was capable of high class technical gesture to steer the game and it was a fighter.

If he leaves, we have nothing left in the middle. It is interesting that this Pele is level but it will recruit other players is undeniable.

I have a feeling this week is going to be an interesting one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still find it hard to believe its true, im half expecting the next generation of Silas to appear in a Wolves shirt.

Easy for other fans to question the fee, but from the sounds of it he was one of Monacos highest earners and no longer fits their structure, very few other clubs could afford his wages and almost gurantee him significant playing time. We are weathly and looking for rapid improvement.

I still find it hard to believe its true, im half expecting the next generation of Silas to appear in a Wolves shirt.

Blame DJ for Silas, Mourinho wanted him to replace Deco at Porto at one point having worked with him at Leiria. Shoving him down the left side of midfield was never going to work.

Silas was not that bad c'mon...

And now he is a well respected Guardiola style manager in portuguese league. Capable of getting a draw out of Benfica and Porto and then losing at home 4-0 to... Moreirense or some other club of that level.

Blame DJ for Silas, Mourinho wanted him to replace Deco at Porto at one point having worked with him at Leiria. Shoving him down the left side of midfield was never going to work.

"Scouted for two years" remember.

We only stuck him on the left because Kennedy was injured and DJ only works in binary. "Our left sided midfielder is injured so we need to put someone there".

He wouldn't have worked in our system anyway, we were resolutely 4-4-2 for virtually the whole of that season. Nowhere for him to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back