• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm legit confused tbh. The only reason I can think of that £5m makes sense if he's completely shot. I don't remember seeing much of him in the last few years, how's he been performing? Some $#@! get on The Monaco Forum and see if they're scromiting

He was an ever present for Monaco last season so I doubt he's shot. Probably just his age and length of contract with Monaco has determined his price. And some Mendes meddling.

"Scouted for two years" remember.

We only stuck him on the left because Kennedy was injured and DJ only works in binary. "Our left sided midfielder is injured so we need to put someone there".

He wouldn't have worked in our system anyway, we were resolutely 4-4-2 for virtually the whole of that season. Nowhere for him to play.

Thank god the tactically illiterate such as Dave Jones are now on the fringes of the game.

The replies on the Sky Sports Tweet are amusing, fans of other teams are getting very rattled by this.

The replies on the Sky Sports Tweet are amusing, fans of other teams are getting very rattled by this.

I'm not sure why other fans seem to think there has to be a Premier League rite of passage.

1) Get promoted
2) Stay up with your existing players and some low key signings (who will probably fail) playing zero sum football
3) Buy slightly better players, stay up again with a degree more of comfort (you are now allowed to attack a bit too)
4) Repeat step 3 2-3 times
5) NOW you may buy big name players as you are "established"

Fuck that, we're a bigger club than loads of the teams in the bottom half as it is, we have the money, we have the contacts, we're not playing by those rules.

I'm not sure why other fans seem to think there has to be a Premier League rite of passage.

1) Get promoted
2) Stay up with your existing players and some low key signings (who will probably fail) playing zero sum football
3) Buy slightly better players, stay up again with a degree more of comfort (you are now allowed to attack a bit too)

$#@! that, we're a bigger club than loads of the teams in the bottom half as it is, we have the money, we have the contacts, we're not playing by those rules.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with doing a bit of this............... and lets face it we are all loving it!

giphy.gif

1) Get promoted

$#@! that, we're a bigger club than loads of the teams in the bottom half as it is, we have the money, we have the contacts, we're not playing by those rules.

Spot on.

What is really exciting with Wolves now is that they are seriously announcing themselves as a club to watch out for . . . Now and in the next few seasons.

Pretty clear that we're planning on going up and competing straight away within the Everton/Leicester(/West Ham?) mini-league just below the top six, as a minimum.

Moutinho due at Compton for a medical tomorrow, according to Spiers.

We may still get a signing unveiled today (Jonny), but probably not.

So predictably, anything and everything Wolves tweet today is going to have 'announce Moutinho' in the replies.

I really hope we aren't buying Traore as our 'upgrade' to Cav as see no reason to think that he is, from what I have seen Cav is much better and provides much more as an attacking outlet than Traore can. This is one of the few times where I'm pretty familiar with the player we are being linked to and I just don't think all that highly of him. We've not given Cav his chance in the Prem so I don't think it would be wise to sell him without seeing what he can do.

Twitter reckons we've bid £18m for Traore

I'm hearing that we've certainly put a bid in. Really not sure about him. I know defenders hate pace (and he obviously has that in bucket loads) but I just don't see an end product most of the time.

I'd be very happy with Traore TBH - I think he's ace. But is he a considerable upgrade on Cav? I don't think he is, no. Still - if it means strengthening the squad, keeping Cav, competition for places etc than I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back