• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a different type of player to Cav imo, I'd hope we keep both and look to loan Bright out for the season.

I hope Cav stays too. He can compete with Jota on that left side, and Traore can compete with Costa on the right.

If we keep Cav then I don't see how Traore even gets on our bench.

----------------Patricio--------------

------New CH---Coady---Boly------

Jonny----Moutinho---Neves----Douglas

-------Costa---Jimenez---Jota----------

Subs: Ruddy, Bennett, Saiss, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Cavaleiro, Bonatini

He isn't better than Cav, he can't fill any other position than a wide forward (do not even think of suggesting him as a wingback) so I really don't see the point on any level. It's an incredibly expensive way of upgrading on Bright (who hardly plays) or a downgrade on what we already have.

He's still a circus act as far as I'm concerned. An amusement arcade, as pre-racist Big Ron would have it.

MGW would drop off the bench IMO. One CM is plenty on the bench and Saiss is it.

Or drop Bennet and have Saiss available to cover CB and CM.

MGW can play in more than one position (as can Saiss and Doherty, at least that's the theory with the latter, Bennett too at a push) and I think you're always best having flexibility with your subs. Plus I don't want a superb young homegrown talent getting zero game time because we bought someone we don't need.

I see raw untapped potential with Traore, and if Nuno could do a job on him in the way he has for some of our other players he could be an incredible player for us.

That's an enormous, pulsating "if" though.

I see raw untapped potential with Traore, and if Nuno could do a job on him in the way he has for some of our other players he could be an incredible player for us.

That's an enormous, pulsating "if" though.

He'd be a lot better if he got his head up occasionally.

*Turn off the whole of the internet for the sake of humanity*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back