• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a tad worried about bite too. Lack of a 'beast' in the middle. We'll have to see how things pan out though.

I'm a tad worried about bite too. Lack of a 'beast' in the middle. We'll have to see how things pan out though.

Liverpool didn't have a "beast" last season. Did alright, top three and CL final and all that. Unless you class Jordan Henderson as a beast but I really don't. I'll call him many things but that is not one of them.

Liverpool didn't have a "beast" last season. Did alright, top three and CL final and all that. Unless you class Jordan Henderson as a beast but I really don't. I'll call him many things but that is not one of them.

Potentially more of a tacking CM than neves though?

I don't agree that you need one but haven't they gone out and bought a 'beast' in Keita to improve their midfield?

Is that the first snotter/midfield general whinge of the summer?

I don't agree that you need one but haven't they gone out and bought a 'beast' in Keita to improve their midfield?

Keita is not a DM, not by any stretch.

Fabinho kind of is.

How effective is a 'tackler' these days anyway?

It's more about position and denying your opponent space & time and then nipping the ball off them.

I'd rather have a team who setup well and know how to defend than a tough tackler.

Neves & moutinho are both clever enough and intelligent enough to know how to defend properly.

True, you could probably argue that with 3 CBs and 2 CMs who know how to occupy space correctly we will be fine, particularly if our WBs are better at getting back than Doc & Douglas (numerous times they were both bailed out by Saiss last season)

Is that the first snotter/midfield general whinge of the summer?

No... Ffs. Hate this place at times.

I don't think you "need" an Eric Dire type but I am just a bit skeptical if we don't someone more similar to Saiss than Neves. I would also expect Siass to be a CM for us again if we don't.

The idea of Boly, Coady, Saiss, Neves and Moutinho as the core of the team excites me. How do you go about pressing those guys?

Missed this. Didn't they mostly play with 3 in the middle though, with Henderson the non-beast holding?

Saiss did a lot of dirty work for us last season didn't he. Looking after Neves kind of thing. Getting ahead of myself and wondering where that will come from. Perhaps Mourinho is more like it than I imagine. And that's presuming we sign him

Edit: Dammit done a Spartacus

Sport Bible on Twitter have said we’re in for Pepe. Hope not.

Sport Bible on Twitter have said we’re in for Pepe. Hope not.

Think that's just a case of everyone jumping on the "all they sign is Portuguese players" bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back