• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice long thread to read through on Kumb from January onwards:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=170834&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

Plenty of mixed opinions. Some really rate him, others feel he lacks dynamism. But the general concensus is that he's very good on the ball, good brain, neat and tidy and can link play.Not physical enough to be a proper DM but also needs a team with the right style of play and passing (which could be us). Also, the opinions of him improve greatly as the season goes on and he adapts to the league, ending up with most saying they'd sign him but not sure if he's worth £20m+.

If everyone thought he was brilliant we wouldn't be potentially signing him.

If Nuno & his team think he has the attributes to do well for us then I'm on board. Not all signings will work out but if we do get him at least give him a chance

do we have any non-Portuguese transfer prospects?

Joao Mario is a tidy footballer but nothing more imo. He can play in a number of positions but for me in his case that's a bad thing because it means he doesn't do anything particularly well. He will score the odd banger but i'd rather we signed players who excelled at something to play in particular positions. As for playing next to Neves i'd much rather have Saiss because of the balance and the height he brings to the side and i still think he's underrated who most think can be replaced far easier than he actually can.

If we do sign him then obviously i'll judge him in a Wolves shirt but right now i'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Nuno seems pretty rigid in his system. Apart from Forest when he lost the plot and went full Bruce and got the same result he does, by and large the only formation changes he made was to put N'diaye higher up the pitch than Saiss was previously playing. I think most of us can see an upgrade on Saiss with a proper box to box midfielder would be ideal, but by and large the players we have been, accurately or otherwise, linked to this Summer aren't that - this is another.

Just as with Wilshere a midfield two of Neves and Mario would be run through far too easily. Ruben would have 5 yellows by mid September.

I still think talk of "upgrading" on Saïss is incredibly premature and speaks to just how underappreciated he is in this team.

I still think talk of "upgrading" on Saïss is incredibly premature and speaks to just how underappreciated he is in this team.
Anyone can be upgraded. Even Neves. Plus, we need a player in Romain's position after we didn't resign N'Daiye. There wouldn't be any point in going out to buy a back up when we could potentially buy someone who could come in and immediately improve the quality of the first team.

Tim II was saying on twitter that Nuno sees MGW as Neves main partner next season

Nash saying on Twitter that the Mario deal is dead as his agent doesn’t want to deal with Mendes.

EDIT: Fake account, I should have looked closer.

Tim II was saying on twitter that Nuno sees MGW as Neves main partner next season
That's not what he said in the video, he said MGW would be first back up and be the first repalcment for subs / cups etc, as n'diaye was last season.

I'd be much more interested/excited in a rumour for a new rwb than any of the most recent ones because we surely can't head into a Premier League season with Doherty as our only one!

fully expect a couple more signings as still a bit light in a couple of positions.

I think Joao Mario is average, personally I would want better if we are not looking for a bench player..not impressed by him last season at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back