• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need some defenders! At the moment they don't have a proper right back or left back at the club and they have two serious options at centre half (Odoi is one of them and he is definitely not going to be good enough).

Maybe they want Zinchenko as a left back...

He isn't a LB though, no more than Fabian Delph is.

The other guy from Nice they signed today is a left back.

Replacement for Sessegnon?

Nah, they won’t sell him yet. If they’re bottom three in January (I don’t think they will be) then they may struggle to keep hold of him, but he’ll stick with them for now.

Seri is a good signing but they’re lacking depth - similar to us, really.

When was the last time we bought a current England International?

Emlyn Hughes

There was less than 18 months between Geoff Thomas' final game for England and him signing for us, and Taylor was still in charge when we did buy him so it wasn't out of the question that he'd be recalled at some point. Stretching the point a bit admittedly.

I watched the England friendly vs Puerto Rico and Rashford was the stand out player in that game. Admittedly it was a friendly, but Rashford really stood out. Veguely remember that I also described Maguire as a poor man's Willy Boly, which shows what I know. Either that or we have a hell of a player on our hands. Also described Henderson as Ruben Neves lite and I stand by that

So Rashford LF or ST?

tumblr_lspdznA1N11qjgq3oo1_500.gif

Seri is a good signing for Fulham, but him ending up there isn't a mistake. He (and Nice as a whole) took a big step backward last season from the one before when Seri was being linked with the likes of City and Barcelona.

Timmy 1 saying Wigan want Graham on loan.

Surely if he is going it has to be a transfer. We took up the year option on him, so why send him off on loan

Yeah that wouldn't make any sense. He'd be a good signing for them though.

Maybe it was a bit of an Afobe-type situation that we misjudged—we thought we could get a nominal fee for him so took up the extra year, then the club that was interested dropped out, and nobody else is biting? In which case a season-long loan somewhere, with a club that would pay his wages as well, means we effectively let him go on a free.

Wouldn't surprise me considering Thelwell's fondness for handing out contracts like confetti to bang average players "just in case", and we're clearly on the lookout for every little bit of extra income we can get for next season to push the FFP ceiling that little bit higher.

I think you are probably right.

Ut's a shame for him because he has a lot of talent. I know we only got a small sample but he so quickly made us less shit to watch and was very effective at the same time. He speaks really well, so it always surprises me when people say he is mean to have a bad injury. He was a bit unlucky last season joining a team when the manager clearly hadn't been the one who wanted to sign him (and the politics that already existed at the club over that very issue)

Joao Mario was the one that played for West Ham last season wasn't he? He was bang average but what could he do for Wolves??
Only 1 person on here has said no to Rashford. $#@! me I'd love to see him in old gold!

Considering João Mário "not good enough" for Wolves is probably setting the bar too high...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back