• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a clue on that mate. Just know that we are waiting for Rashford to return from Russia to speak to him.

Possibly showing that Jose Mourinho knows which side his bread is buttered when it comes to dealing with Wolves representatives while also knowing his players are safe in the hands of Nuno.

Rashford would be incredible. No, I refuse to believe it or get carried away!! Penk if we are waiting to speak to him does that mean we have had an offer (loan or transfer) accepted from United?

Yeah, must have, else we wouldn't be waiting for him to return. Also, if he wasn't interested his agent would have said "no" by now.

Tredders hates Joe Root as well. Probably a good thing that our Mexican isn't really called Raul Rimenez.
It's not about hate, it's about both being overated and failing to deliver.

That's exactly what someone who hates them would say.

I'm open to being convinced, but the below doesn't exactly scream success to me:
42314bc8f432289f7064bc21f80002f2.jpg

What you have done is advertised why I don't think it'll happen.

46 games for United last season (albeit a fair portion off the bench). Why are they going to loan out a player like that? He clearly plays regularly. It would serve no purpose. They aren't buying another forward either.

What you have done is advertised why I don't think it'll happen.

46 games for United last season (albeit a fair portion off the bench). Why are they going to loan out a player like that? He clearly plays regularly. It would serve no purpose. They aren't buying another forward either.
Maybe we're buying him outright...

Maybe we're buying him outright...

Jose is starting to take a bit of heat for playing shit football and being a bit of a prick. It's not going to help his standing if he goes and sells a 20 year old home grown England international from Wythenshawe so he can wang the money on a defensive midfielder.

In considerably less exciting news an Italian journo has tweeted that we're trying to get Joao Mario from Inter on loan.

Portuguese Dave Edwards.

Jose is starting to take a bit of heat for playing shit football and being a bit of a prick. It's not going to help his standing if he goes and sells a 20 year old home grown England international from Wythenshawe so he can wang the money on a defensive midfielder.

For some reason Man Utd have been taking out loans through Merrill Lynch while also selling land they own in London and near Old Trafford.

In considerably less exciting news an Italian journo has tweeted that we're trying to get Joao Mario from Inter on loan.

Portuguese Dave Edwards.

I don't get that, he wouldn't fit in our system. Might be linked to drive prices up for Everton and others.

I think at one point United were having to pay a million quid a week in interest payments on the loans the glazers had to buy the club

Another link. Zambo Anguissa from Marseille. Alaaaaaaaaan!?!?!

I don't get that, he wouldn't fit in our system. Might be linked to drive prices up for Everton and others.
Agree that he wouldnt fit the system. He's also not very good so there's that as well.

Answered this for Bear. Roughly the same player as Alf but a bit shorter. Strong, athletic, likes to get forward from deep and not at all shy in the tackle. Can be overly aggressive and also prone to switching off. Also has moments of brilliance that Alfred never really gave us tbf.

Not a like-for-like competitor for Saïss but still would be a solid addition. Depends on the price; I would guess Marseille want more than I think he's worth to us.

I think Bear asked him that the other day, should be in the last few pages somewhere.

EDIT: Bored at work so found it for you.

Strong midfielder but definitely in the Alf mold; goes walkabout at times and isn't a real like-for-like with Saïss.

Ninja'd by Al :icon_lol:

Answered this for Bear. Roughly the same player as Alf but a bit shorter. Strong, athletic, likes to get forward from deep and not at all shy in the tackle. Can be overly aggressive and also prone to switching off. Also has moments of brilliance that Alfred never really gave us tbf.

Not a like-for-like competitor for Saïss but still would be a solid addition. Depends on the price; I would guess Marseille want more than I think he's worth to us.
The rumour was €25M.

Weird we're now linked with him. I was just looking round at DMs the other day and he caught my eye.

Ignacio Camacho, and Asier Illarramendi were two others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back