• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you tweet it out?

Work permit could be an issue with him - he doesn't appear to have dual nationality with any EU country and while he does play for Angola fairly regularly, they're down at 137th in the FIFA Rankings.

I've just retweeted it if you want to have a look. Just literally a photo of a guy stood there in Wolves trackie bottoms. Gotta love the transfer window!

How does the work permit thing work in relation to him already playing/working in Europe? I've no idea when it comes to this kind of thing.

Edit: Cheers, Will. Was on my phone so couldn't upload.

Might have to follow Jinky on twitter, feel out the loop

How does the work permit thing work in relation to him already playing/working in Europe? I've no idea when it comes to this kind of thing.

Irrelevant if he hasn't obtained Italian residency (doubt he has, he's only been there two years).

Along with others on various clickbait sites we have been linked with Glen Kamara, a central midfielder for Dundee. A Finnish international that was brought through Arsenal's academy.

Probably rubbish but you never know.

Along with others on various clickbait sites we have been linked with Glen Kamara, a central midfielder for Dundee. A Finnish international that was brought through Arsenal's academy.

Sounds like he's got the sort of cultural diversity that would make Alan gush.

African sounding name, Scandinavian background, potentially large part of his childhood in/around London but now playing in Scotland. Lad's got a bit of everything going on!

0 goals in 46 appearances last season for a midfielder in the Scottish Premier League does not fill me with confidence!

Could be a Cathro suggestion.

0 goals in 46 appearances last season for a midfielder in the Scottish Premier League does not fill me with confidence!

Could be a Cathro suggestion.
He's a defensive midfielder, doesn't score many at all. He's actually looked quite good whenever I've seen him play but it does seem like an odd rumour.

Timmy 1 saying Mir was set to join Bolton on a season loan but turned it down to join Las Palmas on loan before deciding he wanted to stay at Wolves. Reckon we will see him depart before the end of August on a loan deal then

If we sign another out and out striker (and I think we will) then he isn't going to play at all outside of Carabao/Checkatrade cup games. He'd be at best fifth in line for one spot.

Timmy 1 saying Mir was set to join Bolton on a season loan but turned it down to join Las Palmas on loan before deciding he wanted to stay at Wolves. Reckon we will see him depart before the end of August on a loan deal then

He's handed his keys in and paid up the remainder of the lease on his rented property.

Good move then. I think Miranda will improve in that environment, and we might get to see some benefit from it.

Good move then. I think Miranda will improve in that environment, and we might get to see some benefit from it.

I think the only benefit we will see is getting a little more than what we paid for him back

Possibly. But that isn't a bad thing. If he knocks the lights out there, then we still hold the registration.

I think the only benefit we will see is getting a little more than what we paid for him back

Get back what we paid (+ a bit more if possible) will not be a bad deal - we didn't rely on him last year & not sure that he has the physical strength to match up to the Premier anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back