• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already signed Boly, Jotta, Bonatini, and Vinagre. Also we understand Rui Patricio has signed for us, although the basis is uncertain, and Raul Jiminez has signed on loan.

That's six already, so another six would seem excessive, and while I wouldn't question GFFH's veracity due to the accuracy of previous statements of his, I'd be amazed if more than another one or two players sign for us, this season.

Having said that, anything seems possible thanks to Fosun's millions and Nuno's management making for exciting times.

We didn't have a massive squad last season and that includes everyone mentioned above, excluding Rui and Raul.

So another 2 or 3 first teamers, plus 2 or 3 backups wouldn't be unusual at all - especially if you consider there might be another 1 or 2 following Miranda out.

Pretty sure I listed it a week or so ago, people talk about a 25 man squad but we currently have 18 serious senior players for those purposes:

Patricio
Ruddy
Norris

Boly
Coady
Bennett
Batth
Hause
Miranda

Doherty
Douglas

Neves
Saiss

Jota
Cavaleiro
Costa

Bonatini
Jimenez

No point even considering the likes of Gladon, Zyro, Iorfa, Graham, Oniangue, EEL, Ofosu-Ayeh etc who simply aren't ever going to play for us again.

None of Bright, Ronan, MGW, Vinagre, Goncalves, Buur or Mir need to be named as they're all 21 and under.

Miranda is probably off as well so we have tons of room.

We've already signed Boly, Jotta, Bonatini, and Vinagre. Also we understand Rui Patricio has signed for us, although the basis is uncertain, and Raul Jiminez has signed on loan.

That's six already, so another six would seem excessive, and while I wouldn't question GFFH's veracity due to the accuracy of previous statements of his, I'd be amazed if more than another one or two players sign for us, this season.

Having said that, anything seems possible thanks to Fosun's millions and Nuno's management making for exciting times.

Two wing backs, two midfielders, at least on more defender and probably another forward. Might be less than six if it was a player with some versatility might be more than six if we sell a few.

Miranda not in the squad for today's game. That pretty much confirms it.

See ya Rodders.

I liked Roderick but clearly means we are going to upgrade at the back (Bastos?) - good luck to him anyway

And now some bloke who clearly posts on MM has taken offence to me sharing it because GFFH said we “could” sign Ashley Barnes and because that didn’t happen he clearly knows nothing!

As always, thanks for the info GFFH. Fingers crossed.

Of course he going to be pissy, look at the guy's username. He's just seeing his arse because he doesn't have the "exclusive"!!

One for Alan here - Zambo at Marseille? Seems a good fit to replace Saiss. Big combative, and a decent passer. Been linked to Prem teams before.

I liked Roderick but clearly means we are going to upgrade at the back (Bastos?) - good luck to him anyway

Miranda was really good at everything except defending but saying that he probably could have played the Coady role

One for Alan here - Zambo at Marseille? Seems a good fit to replace Saiss. Big combative, and a decent passer. Been linked to Prem teams before.
Strong midfielder but definitely in the Alf mold; goes walkabout at times and isn't a real like-for-like with Saïss.

Also, we may sign 6 more players but who is to say that they will all be for the first team? We may sign 3 or 4 for the main squad and 2 or 3 for the development squad...We would still have signed 6 players

As far as tedious transfer links go, this one is right up there -

The Lazio defender Bartolomeu Jacinto Quissanga (or Bastos for short) has uploaded an Instagram story where he’s chatting to a bloke wearing Wolves tracksuit bottoms. He’s also followed by Cav & Costa - so this must mean we are signing him! :icon_lol:

Tbf, I’ve seen the picture and it’s quite clearly the Wolves logo. Bastos played nearly 30 games last season for Lazio.

Also, we may sign 6 more players but who is to say that they will all be for the first team? We may sign 3 or 4 for the main squad and 2 or 3 for the development squad...We would still have signed 6 players

Its exactly the wrong type of speculative information to feed into social media because it just causes even more speculative minds to create more fiction. Lets just wait and see.

The Lazio defender Bartolomeu Jacinto Quissanga (or Bastos for short) has uploaded an Instagram story where he’s chatting to a bloke wearing Wolves tracksuit bottoms. He’s also followed by Cav & Costa - so this must mean we are signing him!

Tbf, I’ve seen the picture and it’s quite clearly the Wolves logo. Bastos played nearly 30 games last season for Lazio.

Did you tweet it out?

Work permit could be an issue with him - he doesn't appear to have dual nationality with any EU country and while he does play for Angola fairly regularly, they're down at 137th in the FIFA Rankings.

The Lazio defender Bartolomeu Jacinto Quissanga (or Bastos for short) has uploaded an Instagram story where he’s chatting to a bloke wearing Wolves tracksuit bottoms. He’s also followed by Cav & Costa - so this must mean we are signing him! :icon_lol:

Now we can all see the photo.....

3iQxZbT.png

The guy in the Wolves trackies is a CEO of a terrible clothing brand/store, so absolutely nothing to do with Wolves at all! He just seemingly gives free shit to footballers in order to promote his wares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back