• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand that it takes time to get the bigger players, and I’m happy to wait until the movement starts kicking in now - but having released so many youngsters, I thought there would have been more movement to restock the younger sides by now.

Jordan Allan: Unattached
Dan Armstrong: Unattached
Anthony Breslin: Unattached
Nicu Carnat: Unattached
Ross Finnie: Unattached
Jon Flatt: Unattached
Conor Levingston: Unattached
Tomas Nogueira: Unattached
Hakeem Odoffin: Unattached
Adam Osbourne: Unattached
Ryan Rainey: Unattached
Jose Xavier: Unattached

Most of those were either out on loan last season or weren't playing much for the 23s as I recall. Flatt has been replaced by Sondergaard (plus Ruddy Jr is back for now), Xavier played a fair bit but we aren't exactly going to miss his goals. Looks like Ashley-Seal has impressed in recent times being as he's made the Swiss tour with the first team.

It's the old quality v quantity,our esteemed director of football has always gone down the quantity and keeping players here too long road,witness the long deals given to dross like EEL. About time we got more ruthless,if they're not good enough for where we want to be,they can go

Maybe i wasn’t clear - im not complaining about those going out - more surprised some haven’t come in for the younger age groups.

I was probably hoping for a Diogo type - had a really good debut season in the Portuguese/danish/whatever league and we’ve spotted the potential whilst he costs a million rather than paying £12m two seasons later...

Perhaps they just have faith in the younger crops to step up to higher age groups and plug the gaps where required?

Perhaps they just have faith in the younger crops to step up to higher age groups and plug the gaps where required?

And there’s no one better in the world that our scouting team could have noticed? If that’s the case we are blessed indeed...

Maybe i wasn’t clear - im not complaining about those going out - more surprised some haven’t come in for the younger age groups.

I was probably hoping for a Diogo type - had a really good debut season in the Portuguese/danish/whatever league and we’ve spotted the potential whilst he costs a million rather than paying £12m two seasons later...

Ah, two separate points then.

I'm saying those we've got rid of generally don't need replacing as they weren't featuring anyway. Either on the slow loan boat out of Molineux or going unused.

I don't doubt we're looking at young talent around Europe, we do already have a few here though. Goncalves, Hanne, Seedorf, Herc, Yang, Sondergaard, Buur and Heredia. Albeit two of those are out on loan.

Rafa Mir fits your bracket, our brilliant fans have already written him off though.

I like the Mir signing, and Sondergaard - I think they’re the only two on that list that cost money (not sure about Yang). And I’m not against free signings - but to get real potential we would probably have to pay.

We’ve been linked with a few quality youngsters - the French left back Alt-Nouri, the Norwegian left back (Kitalano), I understand we have a Norwegian defender on trial at the moment, but we’ve not actually signed anyone.

I’m surprised is all - I thought the sondergaard signing would probably be an indication of our approach, and that we would have identified similar types of players to bring in - and that those kinds of signings would be brought in earlier than the likes of First team megastars...

Vinagre is 18/19, I think you have to put him in that camp as well.

Haven't we got 2 brothers from Singapore on trial?

The other thing with trialists at the moment - the 23s haven't played any games yet. Don't even have any planned until Port Vale on the 24th either as far as I know (though I don't think it'll be a full first team vs Ajax, so some might play in that). So unlikely any decisions will be made until we've actually seen them play.

Zinchenko was back in for pre-season training this morning.

Strange that our bid came out and then there's been nothing but silence. Did his agent leak it? It seemed like the two Timbos were first with the news other than Man City news sites.

According to Calciomercato (an Italian website) Andre Silva has rejected a move to Wolves.

giphy.gif

Ignore Calciomercato, no more credible than HITC. Just a shitty news aggregator.

Doesn't stop people getting riled though, just like a crappy E&S headline based off half a sentence out of context from the MD.

Ignore Calciomercato, no more credible than HITC. Just a $#@!ty news aggregator.

Doesn't stop people getting riled though, just like a crappy E&S headline based off half a sentence out of context from the MD.

The 'Wolves Truth' on Twitter is already having a daily thrombo and it'll only get worse.

From @City_Watch:

Oleksandr Zinchenko will speak to Pep Guardiola to hear if he is part of first-team plans for next season after Manchester City accepted a £16m offer from Wolves. [Mirror] https://t.co/QW42HwAZkg

Not sure what he expects to hear if the club have indeed already accepted our offer. They need to free up two more foreign spaces in their squad for Jorginho and Mahrez so someone has to go. Possibly Bravo too.

Tim Nash saying on twitter that some @wolves news coming up shortly

Apparently Kouyate is available for £10m from West Ham. I wouldn't be averse to him alongside Neves. Always looked decent to me.

Tim Nash saying on twitter that some @wolves news coming up shortly
. @Wolves are set to announce a bumper new deal for boss @Nuno Espirito Santo. Nuno, 44, has signed an improved three-year contract to stay at Molineux until 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back