• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snotter is from the good old days of the championship when every team had a tough tackling hard pointing player like Paul ince,lots of passion,not much skill or pace.
The height thing I think is from the last days of Kenny jacket,when he kept going on about needing power,to win games not skill or good goalscorers

Interesting move. Haven't seen him enough to make a real judgement but City fans rate him highly and think he's got good potential.

Snotters don't really exist any more. I'd much prefer a highly mobile, tactically aware CDM who can play a bit

E&S 5/7/18 - "wolves transfer business pretty much done"
E&S 6/7/18 - " club record bid made by wolves"

And the Andre Silva loan rumours aren't going away...

E&S 5/7/18 - "wolves transfer business pretty much done"
E&S 6/7/18 - " club record bid made by wolves"

but if you actually read the article, LD said nothing of the sort, just the standard "we'll sign players who fit with the squad and our vision of the future" (sic)

I know. And Timbolina puts that quote in again today, presumably to justify the position his headline writer took yesterday.

LD knows EXACTLY what he is doing. And he could have predicted that negative E&S headline. And as soon as it hits the shelves, there is a leak of our interest in a record signing to both Tims and also John Percy. All done to make the E&S look incompetent.

Pele has joined Monaco so scratch that one off.

I think we'll play a reserve team against Belgium and lose 1-0

I am slightly sceptical about the Silva deal, if there is in fact any truth in that one. While our portuguese players have all defied ill founded expectations and proven they are up to the physicality of the English game, according to at least some AC fans he is just too soft for the Italian league. Nuno knows best etc. etc. but that worries me a little bit.

Nuno seems to drill players in one position, so Zinchenko is probably intended as nothing more than absolute emergency cover as either cm or lwb. I think he could very well be intended as Neves' partner. Nuno obviously prefers a right footer on the left and vice versa as it helps shifting play quickly to the other flank (as described in the very good blog piece on Nuno's tactical approach sometime last autumn), I think he's brave enough to play two offensive minded players together, whether it works we'll just have to see.

Oh good, the E&S have decided to spin a line that we aren't buying anyone else.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...5/not-much-transfer-business-to-do-at-wolves/

Of course that doesn't tally with the actual quotes.

Walking in town this morning and this gem from a couple behind me...."We will do an Albion. We have gone up and not improved, hardly spent a penny and now they are saying that is it, no more money to spend. Straight back down is all we can hope for"

Job done for the E&S headline writer and editor.

Last edited:
Dhf6UIXW4AEsQmN.jpg

Cav is out there so we can patch that little theory.

Timbo reckons German Phil hasn't travelled with the squad. Not injured, just not picked.

Timbo reckons German Phil hasn't travelled with the squad. Not injured, just not picked.
Ah well. Off he pops into the what could have been universe with Silvio.

Last edited:
Walking in town this morning and this gem from a couple behind me...."We will do al Albion. We have gone up and not improved, hardly spent a penny and now they are saying that is it, no more money to spend. Straight back down is all we can hope for"

Job done for the E&S headline writer and editor.

Astonishing

And I want to win the lottery. Reckon my odds are better and I haven't even got a ticket

Saw that report earlier. Complete BS if you ask me. They know they wouldn't get it, we know they wouldn't. I'd rather trust the acting President's quotes the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back