• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousins a city fan, says most people he knows really like him but accept that he’s just not going to play for them enough and they’d like to see him go and do well for someone else.

Can't see him alongside Neves, the balance there doesn't seem right at all to me. I've not been impressed when I've seen him at left so wouldn't use him as a wingback either, not that you should need to with Douglas and Vinagre to cover that position. That only really leaves the wide forward spots and I don't think he really has the same qualities of the current incumbents of those positions, he lacks their pace/drive to get beyond the forward.

From what I've seen he looks like he could potentially play a little how someone like David Silva or Mata play, just drifting into spaces between midfield and attack to link things up. I'm not sure there's really an opening for that sort of play in Wolves' current setup though.
Careful, Mark. A lot of people on here like to throw the word “moaning” around constantly at this kind of post...

Lovely player Zinchenko, will do well alongside Neves, like minded player who sees the game far quicker than most. Good to be linked with that level of player.

The amount of expectation there will be next season is worrying me, were chasing quality players and some people don't think they'll be good enough. I'm more than happy with Patricio, Raul & this guy. I'll be happy with survival (but obviously hope for more)

We need to keep a huge amount of realism otherwise Molineux will be posionous next season

The amount of expectation there will be next season is worrying me, were chasing quality players and some people don't think they'll be good enough. I'm more than happy with Patricio, Raul & this guy. I'll be happy with survival (but obviously hope for more)

We need to keep a huge amount of realism otherwise Molineux will be posionous next season

It's not always about being good enough, there are countless players out there with a level of quality that would help Wolves progress should they sign, however there are a good many of them which just aren't suitable for the way the team currently plays so despite their ability wouldn't really be the right signing. There's no point just signing someone because they look good without considering how they fit into the team, then you just end up like Everton last season where despite spending a good chunk of money, largely on people who'd proved their ability to some extent beforehand, struggled to put any sort of coherent team together most weeks.

Agree with plenty that you have said Mark. It will be interesting if we do sign him to see where we use him. I’m not convinced he would suit the centre midfield position alongside neves, as he was originally an attacking midfielder but then he has shown himself to be a player very capable of adapting and learning another role in a team. Nuno places a lot of emphasis on the ‘idea’ and the team so there must be a plan for him whether it would work or not.

Anyway he can’t play CM because we need a SNOTTER in the middle

It's not always about being good enough, there are countless players out there with a level of quality that would help Wolves progress should they sign, however there are a good many of them which just aren't suitable for the way the team currently plays so despite their ability wouldn't really be the right signing. There's no point just signing someone because they look good without considering how they fit into the team, then you just end up like Everton last season where despite spending a good chunk of money, largely on people who'd proved their ability to some extent beforehand, struggled to put any sort of coherent team together most weeks.

What's that got to do with bias? Do you think this forum is full of "massive bias"?

What is pleasing is that we're continuing the profile of talented young players, amongst the experienced signings like Raul and Rui. I think this kid looks quality on the ball and his acceleration could be really useful in the middle of the park, and presumably a season in city's first team squad has really improved his discipline

Agree with plenty that you have said Mark. It will be interesting if we do sign him to see where we use him. I’m not convinced he would suit the centre midfield position alongside neves, as he was originally an attacking midfielder but then he has shown himself to be a player very capable of adapting and learning another role in a team. Nuno places a lot of emphasis on the ‘idea’ and the team so there must be a plan for him whether it would work or not.

Intelligent players usually adapt, especially when their role is clearly defined and throughout his career Zinchenko has shown an ability to do so.

I don't think anybody would disagree that most of our success last season was about playing players in a system that plays to their strengths and Zinchenko has barely played in centre mid but that doesn't mean he can't play there. He has played at LWB and LB so that may be where Nuno sees him playing we just don't know. It's a gamble but nothing like Everton who blatantly went out and bought 3 proven attacking midfielders who play centrally and just behind the striker. None of them had the pace to play wide or the discipline to play deeper so that's just rank recruitment.

I haven't seen enough of Zinchenko to know if he could play in midfield for us. At wing back I think he would be fine if he is happy playing for us there (very different to playing LB in the City side of course).

He is a good young player who I'd be pretty happy with at the club overall.

He is a good young player who I'd be pretty happy with at the club overall.

Don't disagree with that at all. From the little I've seen of him he looks good on the ball and has a fair bit of athleticism.

Where do you lot find these sayings/clichés to take the piss out of? Sometimes I think you're the only ones saying em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back