• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
still think we're a bit short in midfield, relying on Saiss & Neves. (or have we bought someone in whilst i've been away)
assuming Phil is now recovered and in normal pre season training.
As an absolute minimum we'll sign a centre forward and a centre midfielder. If we don't add wing backs to that I'll be surprised, but it'll show Nuno has more faith in what we have than I do.

We know we are after a RWB after trying to get Cancelo.

I guess he'll give Coady his chance first off this season (rightly so) but should he struggle, who is likely to play that role until January window ?

I wouldn't be surprised if we'd done most of our business, to be fair. This window we've permanently signed Jota, Boly, Bonatini, Vinagre, Patricio and Afobe (albeit briefly). Yeah, most of them were here last year, but that's still a significant outlay for us.

I'd expect more of an emphasis on loan deals with options to buy from here on out, as with Jimenez.

I guess he'll give Coady his chance first off this season (rightly so) but should he struggle, who is likely to play that role until January window ?

I can't see him even considering replacing Coady. He is captain and an integral part of the team.

Yesterday at the Kit Launch, Jason Forest asked Laurie Dalrymple about any more transfers.

Laurie said, "We've been very busy trying to make some signings. We've made a few already and although we're happy with the squad we've got, we know there are positions that need strengthening and we are working hard on that. So watch this space."

Yesterday at the Kit Launch, Jason Forest asked Laurie Dalrymple about any more transfers.

Laurie said, "We've been very busy trying to make some signings. We've made a few already and although we're happy with the squad we've got, we know there are positions that need strengthening and we are working hard on that. So watch this space."
What he said at Brentford to those of us who spoke to him

This time last year, though, the same might have been said of Danny Batth.

I don't think it would have. I was quite ready for Batth to be sold this time last year. Nuno got some good performances out of him.

This time last year, though, the same might have been said of Danny Batth.
Probably not. Even if it were Lambo was in charge Danny could have been replaced, as Hause was clearly the superior centre-half of the two and he wanted to bring in that big-headed donkey Hanley.

We know we are after a RWB after trying to get Cancelo.

We were linked with the lad from Marseille at one point weren't we? (name escapes me)

That seems to have gone a bit quiet

Most people here (me included) would have happily have flogged all of Batth, Coady and Doherty last Summer

Most pop here (me included) would have happily have flogged all of Batth, Coady and Doherty last Summer

Oh God, yeah. I'd have taken £5m for the lot quite happily.

Some people are kidding themselves that Doherty is good enough for the PL which is quite ridiculous.

Most people here (me included) would have happily have flogged all of Batth, Coady and Doherty last Summer

Batth can still go for me and Doc should be, at best, a back up.

Coady deserves his chance after his amazing transformation under Nuno last season

Some people are kidding themselves that Doherty is good enough for the PL which is quite ridiculous.

Unbelievable isn’t it? It seems like they’re in a pretty vast majority as well which makes it even more ludictrous.

The problem with Doherty is as DW has said repeatedly we've hidden his deficiencies last season especially against teams who park the bus or have no intent to play football. The moment he comes under pressure this season they'll all come flooding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back