• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, but without data it’s just an opinion.

Ut was a good finish for his goal in that game, albeit unmarked from 8 yards out, but I wouldn’t say he scared the opposition in that match - Traore in the other hand, the only way we could stop him was by chopping him down.

I love Helder, the season before last he was superb - but I wouldn’t say he had a good season last year, he was definitely inferior to Cav.

Do you forget it was Costas turn and shot in the first phase before his goal too?

Until Costa was pulled down at the start of the second half I don't recall us fouling Traore? We lost our discipline and started flying in for ten minutes but 11v11 he was reasonably well contained.

Jota is our best player in those positions but I don't think a fully fit Costa is far behind just Jota has more depth to his game. Traore is not better than either and certainly not a better option than Cav, no thanks for me.

Costa's close control is amazing. Best thing about sitting in the BQ lower is seeing him up close and at speed. It's awesome.

Traore just kicks it forward and follows it as fast as possible.

Costa's close control is amazing. Best thing about sitting in the BQ lower is seeing him up close and at speed. It's awesome.

Traore just kicks it forward and follows it as fast as possible.

And I’d bet you middlesboro fans would say the exact same thing but the other way around - football fans always think their players are great and other players are shit.

Helder was awesome two years ago. Last season he was okay., improving as the season went on, but still got less than half the goals and assists that Traore did in 2018.

And I’d bet you middlesboro fans would say the exact same thing but the other way around - football fans always think their players are great and other players are shit.

Helder was awesome two years ago. Last season he was okay., improving as the season went on, but still got less than half the goals and assists that Traore did in 2018.
Its never as simple as that Helder was coming back from a fairly serious injury and predictably took a while to get up to speed, its not really comparable.

Traore looks to me a little bit like what Bright should be but isn't, hes also a head down dribbler type who in a highlights video will look decent enough but really when you look at his team play isn't more than a decent Championship player.

We hopefully are looking at far better than this, if this was a recruitment for a promotion drive from the Champ having sold Jota etc... I would totally understand. As a newly promoted Premiership club with serious ambition he just doesn't cut the mustard for me

So even if you accept Costa isn't as good as Troare, do you really think he is that much of an upgrade? (I don't by the way) Fosun are serious enough not to want marginal upgrades but full on, stuff of dreams players. As seen by Neves, Boly, Rui and Jota.

I think it's agent stuff personally but I have a nagging doubt our DoF may still be involved in identifying targets he's out of his depth to do.

If we sign Traore, which I'm as certain as anyone that isn't ITK we won't, it'll be on deadline day or thereabouts because everything else has fallen through

No, I don’t think he’s a massive upgrade at the moment, but he has the potential to be. His end product improved hugely under Pulis - and I think Nuno is a million times the coach. The speed, close control, power and footwork Traore has is grade A - he works hard too, like Cav. if he develops he’ll be an awesome player.

Of course, he might not develop and then he’ll just be a premier league player - but I think he’s worth the risk personally, for those reasons.

Cav's contribution last season getting seriously less praise than it deserves, IMO.

No, I don’t think he’s a massive upgrade at the moment, but he has the potential to be. His end product improved hugely under Pulis - and I think Nuno is a million times the coach. The speed, close control, power and footwork Traore has is grade A - he works hard too, like Cav. if he develops he’ll be an awesome player.

Of course, he might not develop and then he’ll just be a premier league player - but I think he’s worth the risk personally, for those reasons.
@£18m?

No better than what we already have IMO. No thanks, and certainly not for that money.

Now I don't compliment Bright that often (ask Alan) but if it's close control and dribbling skills with unbelievable potential we already have it in Bright. Traore is admittedly slightly further ahead in terms of development but if we blew 18 million with all things considered I would be very disappointed.

Tbf I think the biggest difference between Bright and Traore is that one wants to hug the wing and one drifts inside. You guess which is which.

Long story short, neither is the answer for us, as much as I wish Bright could be.

Not really Alan - bright doesn’t have anything like the pace and acceleration Traore does. Bright has similar strength and close control, but they are very different types of player.

Not really Alan - bright doesn’t have anything like the pace and acceleration Traore does. Bright has similar strength and close control, but they are very different types of player.

Indeed, which is why Adama likes to stay way and play to his pace while Bright comes inside.

Indeed, which is why Adama likes to stay way and play to his pace while Bright comes inside.

Cav, Jota and Costa cut inside, it’s the way we play. If Nuno had not wanted Bright to do it he wouldn’t have been doing it.

Are we still being linked with Quintero, who played for Colombia last night? Thought he looked excellent - was surprised when Colombia took him off

Are we still being linked with Quintero, who played for Colombia last night? Thought he looked excellent - was surprised when Colombia took him off
He had cramps and could barely walk at one point. Thought he played way too deep but that was probably down to colombia playing quite low and England being well organised.

Signing him would truly be a statement of intent but I would assume he'll have options he finds more attractive, provided we are actually after him in the first place

Sent fra min G8441 via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back