• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say this is where "send him out on loan" is a really lazy answer (not saying that's your position).

I don't want us to send him out somewhere and he plays as an orthodox LB in a back four, in a team that doesn't play from the back, that's bugger all use to us. And yet that's most Championship teams.

You can pick up useful experience and learn valuable lessons without playing in an identical position and system. Player development doesn't need to be that rigid.

Once they cross the white line...

Happy with Vinagre, lots of potential there. Leo is a little strange, hopefully we can get him back to his early season form. Just hope this doesn't mean our striker business is done for the summer.

Maybe we loan him out to a club in Portugal?

Delighted to sign Vinagre, thought we weren't going to bother with him or Leo and let them go back to their respective clubs. Vinagre has fantastic potential and look forward to seeing him progress. How much was the reported fee to trigger the buying clause in the contract?
As for Leo I'm sceptical of how well he will do but it's no risk considering the relatively small spend and I expect he'll be backup anyway.

The rumour on the Mix is €8m for Vinagre.

I guessed at around £5m so not far off.

Vinagre was killed by the Afobe signing last year as he became the odd man out.

I think he'll back up Jota not Douglas

Nothing from Bonatini on social media yet, he (his team) always put stuff up on matchday.

Afobe II I wonder?

I'm with Paddy on Vinny he's special. I was at the Southampton game and considering the level of experience he had at that time he was brilliant. Certainly not the finished article but other that set pieces already miles ahead of Barry.

I don't want him to go out on loan I want him to push Barry for that spot, which he is more than capable of doing.

Nothing from Bonatini on social media yet, he (his team) always put stuff up on matchday.

Afobe II I wonder?

I don't think so. Not with Thelwell specifically talking about him and his qualities on the official site.

Nothing of the sort with Afobe when he signed. Of course you rule out nothing.

Leo has now tweeted about his happiness at being 'back home' with a signing video featuring him in the new shirt

I personally don’t think Leo is good enough for the Prem but with Jiminez already here and a likelihood of us playing Jota through the middle on occasion I think it’s a sensible choice to spend £5m on a backup. He knows nuno, knows the team and how we play and proved he can be very effective in the first half of last season.

I personally don’t think Leo is good enough for the Prem but with Jiminez already here and a likelihood of us playing Jota through the middle on occasion I think it’s a sensible choice to spend £5m on a backup. He knows nuno, knows the team and how we play and proved he can be very effective in the first half of last season.

If he fails in the Premier league there will be clubs in the Championship looking for a striker who can give them a possible promotion boost in January.

There are loads of strikers in the Premier League of a similar standard to Bonatini - granted he might not be rivalling the likes of Aguero or Kane but we won't be buying Kane until next season.

I am 100% with Vinny as I believe he will some player. Bonatini was class, as we all know it all dried up for him. I am happy Nuno is making these decisions but with a stated (22 man squad preference?) there is gonna be some going out.

GK- Rui (Ruddy or Norris)
3- Boly Coady
4- Vinny, baz, saiss, MGW, Neves, Doc
3 Jota, Cav, leo, Raul, Costa

these plus another 7?
did I dream the 22 squad preference?

I am 100% with Vinny as I believe he will some player. Bonatini was class, as we all know it all dried up for him. I am happy Nuno is making these decisions but with a stated (22 man squad preference?) there is gonna be some going out.

GK- Rui (Ruddy or Norris)
3- Boly Coady
4- Vinny, baz, saiss, MGW, Neves, Doc
3 Jota, Cav, leo, Raul, Costa

these plus another 7?
did I dream the 22 squad preference?
19-20 supplemented by kids I think was what was said, although that feels a little light once you factor the likelihood that 3 of those will be keepers

19-20 supplemented by kids I think was what was said, although that feels a little light once you factor the likelihood that 3 of those will be keepers

OK. Thats definately the way to go if you want the kids to get the chance.

It wouldn't surprise me massively if that's us done with forwards for now unless someone good becomes unexpectedly available. Last summer we all expected another to come in after Bonatini and it didn't happen, even if we did make a late punt on Locadia.

Jiminez/Leo/Jota all covering one place is certainly enough in terms of numbers, but possibly not good enough depending on your point of view of quality.

I reckon we will plan to maybe still try for another (as above) and have bought Leo back just in case it doesn't come off a la Locadia. If it does come off then depending on how late it happens, Leo could be sold on quickly but only if another club is willing to give us a decent profit. If not he'll likely be kept for cup games and then sent on loan in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back