• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves have triggered the options on Bonatini and Vinagre. Both will make permanent moves.

Not sold on either move but I guess it all depends on the prices involved.

Interesting. Nuno must feel he can get Leo back to his best then. Hope he's right as he's a classy player when on form.

Delighted with Vinagre that lad is going to be top class, unbelievable potential there. Leo I am less sold on but I am sure he will be a squad player and if he can find the form from his early Wolves career then I will be more than happy with that.

Pleased with Vinny. Don’t get the Leo one, sorry.

Happy with that. Really hope we can see the best of Leo again - we played by far and away our best football with him first half of last season. He will only be back up and i still reckon we will sign another striker too.

Leo >>>> Afobe at their respective bests.

Leo >>>> Afobe at their respective bests.

Totally agree. He's a much cleverer footballer.

I'm surprised about Leo but I'm pleased - I really like him and hope he can regain his early season form. A decent rest followed by a proper pre season is just what he needs.

Vinny is a great signing as I think he'll be a star.

So anyone thinking things are quiet we are now the busiest Premier League club in this window, I believe.

Pleased with Vinny. Don’t get the Leo one, sorry.

Agreed - really pleased Vinagre is permanent, think he’s a great prospect. Meh to Leo, I don’t think he’s up to it, but hopefully he can prove me wrong and be a massive success.

a RWB and a CM upgrade and its a bloody good squad gutted we missed out on Cancelo but im sure there will be another surprise or 2 before the window ends. We have worked the loan system brilliantly so far since Nuno came in so I have a feeling the next few will be a loan to perm.

Happy with both. Leo can do a job for £5m and hopefully on the back of a full pre-season he'll last the distance physically.

Just on Bonatini, if you ignore everything after Christmas he looked a bloody good player. His loss of form was and is incredibly concerning but perhaps he was burnt out as he didn't look like the same player. Either way the Leo of the first half of the season could do things that Afobe will never do as well as bang a few goals in and that will be important in this league.

Nuno wants him so that's good enough for me.

He was carrying a shoulder injury not dissimilar to the one that has emasculated Mo Salah in this tournament.

If Leo is at the price agreed at the start then that's chicken feed in PL terms & he won't start that many games

Another CB (we can offload someone to recoup a bit of the £s) - CM - RWB (slightly less concerned on the left side) & another striker if there is one available who fits our system & cost base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back