• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the mythical preseason. The uneducated fans get out clause as to why players form drops off at some point during the season.

Is there any reason why you feel the need to be an arse to people? It must be lonely up there high on your pedestal.

Is there any reason why you feel the need to be an arse to people? You're not better than them but you sit so high on your pedestal that one of the days you're gonna fall so hard and it's going to be glorious.

Not to worry I'm fit for preseason so no falling this year.

A reasonably reliable ITK on the Mix is calling deals for Vinagre and Bonatini. Both signing on Monday apparently.

Bonatini signing is a bit strange if it is the case however he's form dipping did coincide with teams realising how good we were and sitting deeper effectively stopping his linking game. We will see not convinced on that one.

Vinagre I'm delighted with hopefully that's permanent.

Pre season is vitally important but Bonatini was already well up to speed by the time his form fell off a cliff so I don't think it was a factor in his case. Costa would be a better example of a player not playing to his potential not having had a pre-season.

I’ll say it - I’d be very disappointed with us signing Bonatini. Forgetting his horrible loss of form last season, he’s simply not quick or good enough to be a premier league player.

Maybe we’re finding it more difficult to sign/attract the kind of players we thought we could get after all.

Not being gloomy or for a second getting worried, but I just wouldn’t get that signing at all.

Speed isn't everything...ask Brighton about their lightning striker Murray.

I get the signing as a sensible back up.

As back up to Jimenez it is sort of fair enough. Still think another forward will come in as well. 5 million is peanuts in todays Premier League environment, so it is low risk and possibly with a bit of a return on that risk.

More important is getting Vinagre tied to a deal, hopefully a permanent one. I think he has a massive future.

I would have hoped for a better striker coming in to be honest. Leo was fucking ace up until December but it's hard to ignore what happened after that, and given the Patricio signing I thought we'd be looking at something a bit more high profile. Still, trust in Nuno and the team, he hasn't done much wrong so far.

As I say, I am thinking that someone else will be coming as well. It's a squad game.

There will be another target, regardless of Leo.

We have seen with the Cancelo attempt that whilst we can afford the bigger players we are still going to be a hard sell, especially when European games can be offered by others.

I would see the Leo signing as covering our asses a little just in case we can't get a big name over the line. We at least start the season with 2 forwards and no need to do a last minute panic.

Also we can then sign Silva and flip Leo to Cardiff for £10m...

Bonatini's loss of form had all the hallmarks of someone who was extremely tired after xmas. It was the little things that had disappeared from his game like his first touch and his passing which are the first things that go along with less movement when you are tired. For a relatively cheap fee i think it's a fine back up signing but i would be expecting us to sign another striker as i think that's where it will cost us if we don't. We will create chances but we will need to take them.

Leo did the same as Bod. Had a stormer v Brentford at Molineux then lost it. So sod preseason or lack of, it's all Brentfords fault

Didn't Leo have back/shoulder problems around Christmas but carried on playing?
I like the chap personally so glad to see him again but it wouldn't surprise me if we did an Afobe on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back