• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased with the contracts for Neves & Nuno - fully deserved & very beneficial

If Bonatini is coming back then it will merely be as a low cost/low risk backup option & not overly unhappy - he does have good points as well as weaker elements to his game, but as the other options we have are young untried players at any real senior level then he will bring slightly greater depth to the club.

Suspect that there will still be 1 other higher priced player in that position.

Is there a possibility that this is another Afobe type deal, whereby we know we can move him on for reasonable profit straight away? Let's say hypothetically Bristol City want him to replace Reid, but have been quoted £8m. It's widely known our option was £5m, so they approach us offering £6.5m and we take our option up?

I’d be totally on board with Leo coming back, what we lacked last season was another option like him to come into the side. Now we could have him and Jimenez, plus probably another one

Is there a possibility that this is another Afobe type deal, whereby we know we can move him on for reasonable profit straight away? Let's say hypothetically Bristol City want him to replace Reid, but have been quouted £8m. It's widely known our option was £5m, so they approach us offering £6.5m and we take our option up?

The Afobe deals were fairly unusual - be surprised if we do 2 this close together - Leo fits our style of play better than Afobe did so would see this as a cheap 'insurance premium' against injuries

Is there a possibility that this is another Afobe type deal, whereby we know we can move him on for reasonable profit straight away? Let's say hypothetically Bristol City want him to replace Reid, but have been quouted £8m. It's widely known our option was £5m, so they approach us offering £6.5m and we take our option up?

I doubt it. Until someone else comes in it would leave us far too light up front. Plus I wouldn't sell Bristol City a virus (that's just me and a Bristol Rovers soft spot speaking though).

Hadn't realised Bobby Reid had gone over to the dark side. Maybe they've signed him to take penalties...

Great news re Neves. I am convinced we'll sell him for £80m one day. Bonatini? I'm less sure. Lovely guy, but I just don't think he has the physcial presence for the PL

Marshall to Norwich confirmed for an “undisclosed fee”.

Good move for him and for Norwich.

Marshall to Norwich confirmed for an “undisclosed fee”.

Good move for him and for Norwich.

Suspect it will be at least what we paid for him as Milwall were rumoured as offering/considering at £1.2m

Decent move for him as he had no future here at this time & at his age needs to play

Yep - hope he does well for them. Decent player but the timing of him being here in terms of our squad was more than a little unfortunate.

I’ll say it - I’d be very disappointed with us signing Bonatini. Forgetting his horrible loss of form last season, he’s simply not quick or good enough to be a premier league player.

Maybe we’re finding it more difficult to sign/attract the kind of players we thought we could get after all.

Not being gloomy or for a second getting worried, but I just wouldn’t get that signing at all.

agree with all that - and with nuno only wanting a squad of about 20-22, would probably mean Jimenez as our starter and Leo on the bench.

AS linking us and Spurs with Juan Quintero.

AS linking us and Spurs with Juan Quintero.
He's on loan to River Plate until December and Porto don't have a recall option on him, so will be a difficult one to pull off in this window.

River Plate have an option to buy him for €3.7M but it expires tonight.

€22M sounds like a decent deal in this market tbf, especially as his value will have shot up after the world cup.

So River Plate to do an Afobe then. Sign him for €3.5m and then sell for €20m +

Another one where I'd struggle to see where we'd play him. He isn't going to play CM for us.

He’s being linked to Real Madrid, Spurs & Wolves :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back