• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sold on either move but I guess it all depends on the prices involved.

How can you not be sold on signing Vinagre permanently? Did you not see what he did to Kyle Walker?

Bomatini is still young as well. Last season was his first full season at a big club and on the whole I'd say it was a pretty successful one. A full pre-season behind him and he could be a very useful player for us in the Premier League. On a personal note, that goal against Villa was one of the most emotional moments of my Wolves 'journey' so I can't help but feel happy that we've signed the player that scored it.

Absolutely delighted with Vinagre, he's going to be a superstar. Literally don't care what the price tag was. He's an outrageous talent.

Vinagre will be with us for a couple of seasons. And if we don't progress he will be our biggest sale ever. Bigger than Neves would be. He has that level of potential.

Vinagre hasn't half gained some hype from being fast and skill schooling someone that one time, he's got a long way to go.

Would just worry about how much game time Vinagre will get - at his age he needs that to fulfill any potential he has, though don't disagree with taking him on

Vinagre hasn't half gained some hype from being fast and skill schooling someone that one time, he's got a long way to go.

It’s got nothing to do with that (from my perspective anyway). I was stunned by how good he was against Southampton in the league cup and they had put out a fairly strong side that night.

Would just worry about how much game time Vinagre will get - at his age he needs that to fulfill any potential he has, though don't disagree with taking him on

Would have to imagine he'll get a loan this season.

It’s got nothing to do with that (from my perspective anyway). I was stunned by how good he was against Southampton in the league cup and they had put out a fairly strong side that night.

It's difficult to judge on one game alone, the cup game against City was my biggest exposure to him and I thought he was poor defensively for most of that game even allowing for the standard of the opposition. I think it's telling that he barely laid a glove on Douglas all season in the fight for that position, and he's now someone that's being seen as in reasonably urgent need of an upgrade, but it's still early in his career and he at least looks like a proper footballer so there's something to work with there, I just think the talk of him hitting Phillip Lahm levels is probably somewhat premature.

Yeah I was on the Vinagre hype-train from this night as well, given it was his second professional game ever against decent opposition, he was ridiculous. Pretty good a few days later in a tough game at Brentford as well.

It's difficult to judge on one game alone, the cup game against City was my biggest exposure to him and I thought he was poor defensively for most of that game even allowing for the standard of the opposition. I think it's telling that he barely laid a glove on Douglas all season in the fight for that position, and he's now someone that's being seen as in reasonably urgent need of an upgrade, but it's still early in his career and he at least looks like a proper footballer so there's something to work with there, I just think the talk of him hitting Phillip Lahm levels is probably somewhat premature.

I agree with this, I'm afraid. Sterling had the beating of Ruben the Younger time and time again early on in that match. It only stopped because Sterling stopped running at him for reasons I can't begin to fathom.

Obviously going forward Vinagre has skillz for days, but we need him to show more than that.

Hard to know how good Vinagre will be. He has all the attributes to be a top player but at the moment potential is all it is. He needs a run of games at at least Championship level to really know how good he'll be.

Hard to know how good Vinagre will be. He has all the attributes to be a top player but at the moment potential is all it is. He needs a run of games at at least Championship level to really know how good he'll be.

Problem being that unless we bring in another for that position (whether as first choice or backup) then he will need to stay here - if he does then probably not going to get enough games to really develop

I would say this is where "send him out on loan" is a really lazy answer (not saying that's your position).

I don't want us to send him out somewhere and he plays as an orthodox LB in a back four, in a team that doesn't play from the back, that's bugger all use to us. And yet that's most Championship teams.

If i were forest i would be begging wolves to take him on loan.

I don't want him going anywhere. Not to fucking Aitor Karanka that's for sure.

Definitely don't send him out on loan unless we sign another LWB. But even then like you say it's finding the right fit as a wing-back. Though I guess playing as an orthodox LB might teach him more defensive discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back