• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawson would be an excellent bit of business if we could get him. A clear upgrade on what we've got.

I think the Batth/Sheffield Wednesday suggestion is idle speculation, it's approaching seven years when he went there and played under Dave Jones in League One. Since then they went European with Carvalho and Luhukay so what makes them a likely destination? It'd be like saying a player had a successful loan with us in the Championship the better part of a decade ago (cant think of one off hand) so he might come back now we're playing a totally different style in a higher league.

I think somebody on here posted a picture of the SW survey, asking if they'd prefer lower ticket prices knowing it would mean lower investment in the team so don't think they'd afford him in any case.

Mawson would be great, we need an upgrade in defence in order to push on.

Sky Italy are usually quite reliable arent they? Someone like Favalli (provuded he is actually any good) would make sense. Jimenez left because he wasnt first choice, unless he has been given promises we,are planning on keeping we won't sign anyone more high profile in that position.

Last summer we picked up around £7.5m for Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Nouha Dicko and Dave Edwards. Three years ago Fulham gave us £2m for Richard Stearman. Anything is possible.

You can see the quote from the manager whenever someone signs Batth already: "Danny has lots of experience at this level, including captaining a team for many years and knows what it takes to win this league"

Whilst that is true, those transfers were to teams with spending power - hull were just relegated, and reading had cash to spend for a promotion push (lol) - there just aren’t that many teams like that in the division this season other than the five i mentioned.

Championship teams who could spend circa £5m on Batth should they wish to:
Albion
Swansea
Stoke
Leeds
Forest
Bristol C
Derby (post Vydra sale)
Boro
Not saying he's worth it, or that they will, but there's 8 there who could given their current spending policies. You could probably add Cardiff to that list.

Championship teams who could spend circa £5m on Batth should they wish to:
Albion
Swansea
Stoke
Leeds
Forest
Bristol C
Derby (post Vydra sale)
Boro
Not saying he's worth it, or that they will, but there's 8 there who could given their current spending policies. You could probably add Cardiff to that list.

How about Sheff Utd too, if the Brooks deal goes through.

If he goes for £5m I will happily come on here and admit I clearly know nothing about football transfers and should no longer comment on such things - are you guys up for the same if he goes for less than £5m?

Reputations (such as they are!) on the line... :icon_lol:

Was chatting to a few mates about Mawson yesterday. Most of them are mainly fans of top 4-6 clubs, and they ALL said he was "Championship quality". Make of that what you will. I really like him but got mocked for saying he'd be a decent signing.

Most fans of top 4-6 clubs have no idea about anything outside their own little bubble.

If he goes for £5m I will happily come on here and admit I clearly know nothing about football transfers and should no longer comment on such things - are you guys up for the same if he goes for less than £5m?

If we sell my guess it'll be about £3.5m, I was just pointing out clubs who could pay the 5 should they wish. Flint went for £7m, is he much if indeed any better than Batth?

And a lot of their CBs are pretty shit too.

I’m not a massive fan of flint - it’s £5m rising to £7m with addons around promotion etc, and I guess a lot of that is because he scored 8 league goals last season and fits the pulisball bill...

I wouldn’t have wanted us to sign him. Webster has more potential in my opinion, brizzle have done quite
Well there.

I'm not going to take responsibility for clubs doing stupid things :icon_lol:

Like I say, £1m for 31 year old Dave Edwards. How does that many any kind of sense? Yet I can see why someone might buy Batth (he isn't as bad as people make out) and if that's the price then they'll have to pay it. How much did Blues pay for that thicko Harlee Dean? He's nowhere near as good as Danny Batth.

How much did Blues pay for that thicko Harlee Dean? He's nowhere near as good as Danny Batth.

He was a floppy chops signing though wasn't he? Those shouldn't be used to judge anything, at least until we have Rosie's opinion.

Ben Marshall seems to be joining Norwich permanently.

I'm not going to take responsibility for clubs doing stupid things :icon_lol:

Like I say, £1m for 31 year old Dave Edwards. How does that many any kind of sense? Yet I can see why someone might buy Batth (he isn't as bad as people make out) and if that's the price then they'll have to pay it. How much did Blues pay for that thicko Harlee Dean? He's nowhere near as good as Danny Batth.

£2.15m apparently. He was well thought of at Brentford and obviously part of Harry’s well scouted recruitment... The Edwards thing kind of made sense if you weren’t a wolves fan - theoretically a goal scoring midfielder, just done well at the Euro’s, hard working, model pro etc. In theory that’s pretty good. Actually he didn’t score that many and had minimal ability but the theory was ok.

The bodbarsson one though, apparently we paid nearly £3m for him and reading gave us that back - no idea why for either of those. In theory he should be good too though - good pace, good in the air, good pro etc. Shame he can’t shoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back