• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he got relegated for a reason and has a defeatist mentality

You couldn't move coady imo. He's not a good enough defender to play next to a wing back, he'd have more to do

You couldn't move coady imo. He's not a good enough defender to play next to a wing back, he'd have more to do
Agreed. Don't want him chasing down channels and getting turned.

I was just typing the names, not the positions

It would obviously be Mawson Coady Boly, I guess

Mawson always played the left side of the three for Swansea so a toss up between him and Boly to shift to the other side if it happens.

I would think so Mark. Quite a sexy back three if we can get the signing over the line.

I know Mawson is good but is he truly 25m good?

domestic and all that..just saying about the price tag...like Mawson, he has been good in a pretty weak swansea team, why not?

He's proven PL quality. And English.

Compare that to Maddison who cost £22m who's never kicked a ball above Championship level.

Attackers cost more than defenders so I reckon £25m is probably too much. £20m is about right IMO.

There's a tweet suggesting we're edging towards an agreement with Swansea for Mawson.

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1011724235574657024?s=19

It's an account with plenty if followers. In the comments they reckon they know people at Swansea who told them Carvahal was joining.

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1011730594445889536?s=19

Fee suggested to be in the region of £20-25m. Hopefully more than just Twitter talk. Would be a very good signing.

The first reply... "Don't know where you're getting this from. We've not even been linked with him"

Fuck me, if HITC don't write some bollocks piece then we aren't linked? Oh and read the tweet...We've just been linked with him :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I think Mawson for £25m is OK. It will be net £20m with the £5m we get for Danny Batth. And then there's the Nuno effect. This time last year we'd all have taken £2m for Coady and £1m for Doherty

I think Mawson for £25m is OK. It will be net £20m with the £5m we get for Danny Batth. And then there's the Nuno effect. This time last year we'd all have taken £2m for Coady and £1m for Doherty

I’d still take £1m for Doherty.

Longer than Afobe was here then.
Afobe only came here because there was a pre-agreed fee with the loan, no way he would've signed out of nothing and gone off to Stoke within a couple of weeks. If Wolves wanted this Favilli kid why wouldn't they have just rivalled Juve to sign him from Ascoli at a much lower fee than is now rumoured?

I can't see him being in the first team at Juve yet, based purely on age/experience, so I can see him going somewhere on loan but that doesn't really suit Wolves' needs I wouldn't have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back