• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawson is a clear and obvious upgrade to the first 11. The fee is a lot for someone who doesn't even have an England cap and if serial over payers West Ham are baulking you know it's over the odds. As always in situations like this I'm conflicted between not wanting to see the club overpay and knowing its not my money so what does it matter?

And which premier league team do you think will buy him?

Zero. But a Championship team with money will happily spend £3m-£5m on Batth. Regardless of our own opinions on him, he is highly rated by a lot of people at that level

Afobe only came here because there was a pre-agreed fee with the loan, no way he would've signed out of nothing and gone off to Stoke within a couple of weeks. If Wolves wanted this Favilli kid why wouldn't they have just rivalled Juve to sign him from Ascoli at a much lower fee than is now rumoured?

I've heard Juve activated a buy back clause, can't confirm that though.

Zero. But a Championship team with money will happily spend £3m-£5m on Batth. Regardless of our own opinions on him, he is highly rated by a lot of people at that level

There are only 5 championship teams who could conceivably spend that on a defender. Stoke are after Williams or Davies, neither of which will cost anything like £5m, West Brom won’t buy from us, middlesboro have just got flint. that leaves forest and Swansea as the only two teams who could even think about buying him, but there’s a lot more players they would be likely to buy than Danny (lovely guy though he is).

Ryan Bennett for example - better player and wouldn’t cost anything like £5m. Kourtney Hause too for that matter. I would happily put money on that Danny wouldn’t go for anything more than £2m tops, and probably that dependent on instalments and success payments.

Just for context too - no defenders went to the championship for £5m last season, and only 5 went for £3m all year.

Sheff Wed would probably be interested and can afford it.

Wednesday fans always liked him too.

I’m not an expert on sheff weds at all - but owlstalk seems to suggest they have no money and have to shift players out (reach, forestieri and Rhodes named on there) and that they’re looking at prem loans and league one buys?

I’m not an expert on sheff weds at all - but owlstalk seems to suggest they have no money and have to shift players out (reach, forestieri and Rhodes named on there) and that they’re looking at prem loans and league one buys?

They are approaching FFP meltdown i believe.

Last summer we picked up around £7.5m for Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Nouha Dicko and Dave Edwards. Three years ago Fulham gave us £2m for Richard Stearman. Anything is possible.

You can see the quote from the manager whenever someone signs Batth already: "Danny has lots of experience at this level, including captaining a team for many years and knows what it takes to win this league"

Wilshere off to Fenerbahce by the sounds of it.

Good on him, better than some shit like West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back