• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man we better not lose Cav. Or Costa or Jota. All 3 are good enough, hope we just add to them

Neither of them are going anywhere. And Ings has started SIX league games in three seasons. No thanks.

It's an absolute non-runner. Not a chance. Sky "sources" bollocks as usual.
Nobody is saying he is going, just that we have received bids. He's a very good player who is probably just outside our first 11, lower half PL teams bidding for him is perfectly plausible, us accepting it is not.

Neither of them are going anywhere. And Ings has started SIX league games in three seasons. No thanks.
If he'd done the same cruciate twice I'd agree, but it was different knees, so just terrible bad luck. The team he didn't start for was Liverpool, not exactly your average PL side. I accept signing him would come with risk, but with the right medical approval and the correct package, one I'd go for. As it is, I dare say he'll go back to Burnley with Albion pricing J Rod out of a move.

It’s a risk I’d rather not take though because regardless of who he plays for, not starting for three seasons at that age will have stunted his development in more ways than one. I’d be amazed if he came back as the same player, and funnily enough we have a guy at work who plays and he did both cruciates one after the other and he’s now done his Achilles. I just wouldn’t want to take that chance.

Nobody is saying he is going, just that we have received bids. He's a very good player who is probably just outside our first 11, lower half PL teams bidding for him is perfectly plausible, us accepting it is not.

Sky sources say we have. At the moment they are about as reliable as HITC.

We are just about a closed book on transfer business under Fosun. Nobody gets that much of an inkling unless it is leaked from the other side. And £12m is a joke bid anyway.

We might sell Cav but would surely want at least half as much again to even think about it. Any clearly better replacement is going to cost an awful lot of money.

If Maddison can fetch north of £20m then so would Cav, even taking the English premium into account. Cav will be an important player for us next season and unless we receive a stupid offer we won’t even consider selling.

Record saying we're negotiating compensation with Sporting for Rui Patricio.

I'm sure some of the conditions will be that BdC doesn't get re-ellected and Gestifute are paid the money Sporting owed for that pervious transfer. Jorge getting his pound of flesh.

Gorgeous Gus??? (Gussie?)

Rover or Wizard or Rover & Wizard???

(Very pre LGBT days!)

Outstanding, Bertie. Could have been Hotspur, but that was more "Achtung, Englander schweinhund. Donner und Blitzen." "Eat lead, Fritz!" Whatever happened to such political correctness?

Just had a thought, I wonder if we have signed an inside forward but just not made it known yet but other clubs know we have hence the interest in Cav.

£12m for one of our most influential players just isn't enough and was never going to be accepted, unless other clubs think he's surplus to our requirements

Never heard of him either, I don’t follow Serie B at all. Just came across it on Twitter.

Could Favalli be a Mendes favour? Juve need the money for the Cancelo transfer (Cancelo is a Mendes client as we know) and we get a few Juve players in on loan on favourable terms for a season?

Maybe a Bentancur and/ or De Sicglio?

Looks like EEL is off to Bolton. Not sure if a loan or permanent but he's been pictured training with them. Probably a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back