• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's 80% of the player that Liverpool signed he'd be perfect for us. Absolute baller.

Thought he looked useful the few times I saw him come on as sub for Liverpool last season, certainly fit in with them a lot better than Solanke when he was called upon, but that was usually in one of the wider forward spots rather than replacing Firmino, not sure how he'd really fit in at Wolves given that.

REally like him, and would be great to see him in a wolves shirt hopefully challenging for an England squad

I got slated by Slink when I suggested Ings. I think he'd b really good signing for us and would work well in combination with our fleet footed Porties.

Only worries is the multiple knee injuries for me..

You have to worry about someone who's had three full seasons with virtually no games.

If you get the 2014/15 version back then great but it's a massive question mark.

If he comes then won't/can't be the main man up front as no way of knowing whether he will hold out

Depends what we would have to pay (if anything) & what wages we would need to offer - if they are reasonable & he passes a very very stringent medical then may have some value as long as he accepts that he is not a guaranteed starter

"Passing a stringent medical" isn't really good enough either. Wayne Rooney would get through a medical no problem, no matter how much you test him. Yet we all know that he ceased to be an effective Premier League player three years ago.

Jay Rodriguez is physically fit and has just played a season with no recurrence of his injury, yet clearly he isn't the same player that he was and never will be again.

Not sure why anyone is bothering - we aren't going to sell him (Unless it is really really stupid money (& no one is going to offer that) & we have already agreed the replacement lined up)

I got slated by Slink when I suggested Ings. I think he'd b really good signing for us and would work well in combination with our fleet footed Porties.

Come on Johnny i hardly slated you, it's time to let it go. Still stick by what i said though if i remember rightly that he's barely played in 3 years when you would be hoping that a player would be developing between 22-25. So hard to come back from that and be expected to be playing at a very good level every week and score goals, for me i think we need to go elsewhere with the 2nd striker purchase.

"Passing a stringent medical" isn't really good enough either. Wayne Rooney would get through a medical no problem, no matter how much you test him. Yet we all know that he ceased to be an effective Premier League player three years ago.

Jay Rodriguez is physically fit and has just played a season with no recurrence of his injury, yet clearly he isn't the same player that he was and never will be again.

Come on Johnny i hardly slated you, it's time to let it go. Still stick by what i said though if i remember rightly that he's barely played in 3 years when you would be hoping that a player would be developing between 22-25. So hard to come back from that and be expected to be playing at a very good level every week and score goals, for me i think we need to go elsewhere with the 2nd striker purchase.

Agree this would be a gamble not worth taking.

Not sure why anyone is bothering - we aren't going to sell him (Unless it is really really stupid money (& no one is going to offer that) & we have already agreed the replacement lined up)

It makes me wonder which of the following 2 thoughts might be relevant as this is the second club (Huddersfield the first) to show an interest that has been reported in the media:

1. Agent talk to drum up a new contract for cav (does he have long left?)
2. Wolves have suggested they are open to offers for cav (which would be a terrible move)

It makes me wonder which of the following 2 thoughts might be relevant as this is the second club (Huddersfield the first) to show an interest that has been reported in the media:

1. Agent talk to drum up a new contract for cav (does he have long left?)
2. Wolves have suggested they are open to offers for cav (which would be a terrible move)

Or
3. They read HITC and actually believe the shit that was written

Cav is under contract until 2021.

Simple thing is that it is utter fucking bollocks.

No need for a different line on it, that's just it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back