• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In more potentially bad news (for some), the Brum Mail think we're favourites for Wilshere. Don't know how ITK they are though!

BdC lost and the members' assembly voted him out.

Sporting might now accept our offer for Patrício to avoid a legal battle altogether.
The Sporting supporting waiter at my hotel had a definite spring in his step this morning.

BdC lost and the members' assembly voted him out.

Sporting might now accept our offer for Patrício to avoid a legal battle altogether.

Could Wolves not just play hard ball, turn round and say "you missed the opportunity, we'll only have to play "x" amount in tribunal so new offer is"...

I guess we could if we want to be dicks, but keeping good relations with Sporting is probably a good idea. And also it means the club and Patricio don't have to worry about ongoing court cases for the next few years.

Thanks for the info. Good news for just about everyone then but is there any chance he could still be re-elected?

He said he won't be running again and is indeed leaving the club, even as a supporter. But he keeps flip-flopping on his public-made decisions, so we can never know for sure.

The Sporting supporting waiter at my hotel had a definite spring in his step this morning.

You staying in Lisbon?

Could Wolves not just play hard ball, turn round and say "you missed the opportunity, we'll only have to play "x" amount in tribunal so new offer is"...

I guess we could if we want to be dicks, but keeping good relations with Sporting is probably a good idea. And also it means the club and Patricio don't have to worry about ongoing court cases for the next few years.

This. A legal battle should be avoided if possible, better for everyone all around.

For me, Rui Patricio has been an immensely loyal servant to Sporting for over a decade. He has been forced to go down this route by a lunatic. That lunatic is gone now, and so it would be the right thing to do to pay the original fee agreed. It would cement good relations with any new regime, and also would make Rui a very contented player for us. We had the budget so it would be "being the bigger man".

It also might help the new regime to pay the funds that Mendes is owed over Adrien Silva. Winners all round.

For me, Rui Patricio has been an immensely loyal servant to Sporting for over a decade. He has been forced to go down this route by a lunatic. That lunatic is gone now, and so it would be the right thing to do to pay the original fee agreed. It would cement good relations with any new regime, and also would make Rui a very contented player for us. We had the budget so it would be "being the bigger man".

It also might help the new regime to pay the funds that Mendes is owed over Adrien Silva. Winners all round.

I agree. If we have the budget, might as well just end the question.

I wonder if we could be looking at any other player from Sporting? We could pay say £40million for him, knowing half of it was really for Rui. Carvalho or Martins for example.

Martins is going to Benfica by the look of it. Carvalho is massively on the decline.

So if Carvalho would have been ousted earlier from Sporting, am i right in thinking that Patricio wouldn't have come here?
Or as the attack on the players soured everything regardless.
[h=1][/h]

If he had been ousted earlier, we would still have signed Rui Patricio, but at the £18m fee we had already agreed.

BdC just announced he will run on the election which will take place on September 8th.

What a piece of work he is. So much self-interest above the good of the club.

So we don't pay them a bean then

Depends. There is now a provisional (is that the term?) managing team until the elections. They might strike a deal with the players and / or clubs in order to cease all hostilities with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back