• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of B teams and if I were a director of football I'd be selling my young talent with buy back and percentage on profit clauses. It's all about fostering relationships with clubs and coaches and I'm sure if we (Wolves) found a good relationship with a team that played the way we did and was genuinely competitive then that would help the players and ultimately both clubs.

Talking of young players - what is the current position with Vinagre? Presumably his loan is up ...

I don't like the idea of B teams and if I were a director of football I'd be selling my young talent with buy back and percentage on profit clauses. It's all about fostering relationships with clubs and coaches and I'm sure if we (Wolves) found a good relationship with a team that played the way we did and was genuinely competitive then that would help the players and ultimately both clubs.

We had that failed experiment at Telford last season. Maybe Wolves should be looking to form close relationships with the likes of Shrewsbury and Walsall so we can place some young talent locally where they can play a high number of games of a certain standard.

And just that like Tim is here to answer that question https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...06/23/wolves-want-ruben-vinagre-back-on-loan/

We want another loan deal it seems.

If I were Monaco I would be upping the price at the end of another loan (if I just didn't tell us to do one)
If I were Wolves I would just sign him now. IMO a great prospect who will certainly command a decent profit if we sell later or save us a fortune in 2 or 3 years when we are looking for a LWB.

Not sure what we are really going to learn by loaning him again, he will be limited to Cup appearances as he’s going to be very unlikely to make the team in the Premier League.

Not sure what we are really going to learn by loaning him again, he will be limited to Cup appearances as he’s going to be very unlikely to make the team in the Premier League.

Doubt it's really about 'learning' they need cover at LWB if there's no-one else being signed that for that position and loan is cheaper than buying him outright.

Not sure about the point of a second loan. If the intention is to sub-loan then surely exercising the buying option, getting the registration in our name, and then arranging a beneficial loan (someone like Forest) would be the way to go.

Not sure about the point of a second loan. If the intention is to sub-loan then surely exercising the buying option, getting the registration in our name, and then arranging a beneficial loan (someone like Forest) would be the way to go.

Monaco looking to free up some space to give new signing playing time.

Monaco target 16-year-old left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri, talks with Willem Geubbels “going well”

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...-nouri-talks-with-willem-geubbels-going-well/

Porto chairman said yesterday that he contacted someone in charge at wolves after hearing that there was interest in Brahimi. He added that he got a laugh for an answer.

Doubt it's really about 'learning' they need cover at LWB if there's no-one else being signed that for that position and loan is cheaper than buying him outright.

I don’t think we need cover for Douglas. We need someone better or at least someone who can compete with him. Douglas was a great find last season but wouldn’t feel confident with just him and Vinagre backing him up for the LWB spot next season, Vinagre has good potential but he’s very raw to come in for any extended spell in the first team in the Premier League.

We shouldn't be buying cover full stop.

We have a pretty much unlimited transfer budget and somewhere in the region of £27 million of wage bill space to use. That needs to be spent solely on improvements.

We shouldn't be buying cover full stop.

We have a pretty much unlimited transfer budget and somewhere in the region of £27 million of wage bill space to use. That needs to be spent solely on improvements.

This, this, and thrice this.

Vinagre has shown enough for me to suggest he can compete in the Premier league. I think his general play is already better than Douglas but he doesn't have a wand attached to his left foot as Barry does. It may well be the reason we are looking at a loan is that we are potentially looking for better on a permanent but have this to fall back on at a later date should things not progress.

Either way I think Vinagre is a fantastic young talent and I would be more than happy if he and Barry are our options for this season.

I can't remember how much defensive work he did when he came on against Man City in the cup. He's got no problems going forwards but he's a bit raw to be throwing in at PL level on a regular basis.

He played the full 120 minutes vs City.

Had a few difficulties early on but got stronger as the game went on.

I think he'll go on to be a left sided forward rather than a wing/full back

I worry about Douglas’ pace (or lack of) being exposed in the PL. Maybe he’ll go in to next season as our first choice left back, purely because we’ll be relying on scoring from set pieces more & want his decent deliveries? I’ll be honest, it’s an area I thought we may look to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back