• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute no. Weren't there some vague suggestions of match fixing and/or wasn't he fined about a million euros for opening a beer on the team bus on the way to a game? Plus I'd guess he's past 30 now

29 apparently

Darlo has blocked me then :icon_lol:

Nah...I'm multi-tasking trying to find a printer and have a few pages open, jumping between them, just took ages to reply :neer_neer:

What the competition's up to (or was in 2016/17):

DgHM0IBXUAEW0NM.jpg

That's quite some jump between the top 5 and the rest. It's not at all a skewed playing field!

Good work by Arsenal, paying 50% per player more than Spurs on average and being nothing like as good as them.

I'm surprised that the Swansea/Southampton figures are so high.

I'm surprised that the Swansea/Southampton figures are so high.

Wouldn't just be new signings with them, they'd have to keep increasing the terms of star players (Sigurdsson/van Dijk) to keep them at the club.

Most of us would be in favour of paying Ruben Neves broadly what he wants if it means he'll stay.

Just shows what an impressive job Pochettino is doing.

Burnley's wages was still £61m for the year and Bournemouth £71m, so we will be sitting somewhere in between the two.

West Brom sat in between the two, so guess they had less players?

2016/17 was still largely Peace's legacy (they weren't taken over until 5 August and it wasn't fully ratified until after the transfer window had closed) and we know that he ran a Jez-style ship.

They spent a lot more last season. Badly, as it turned out.

Is that everyone in the named 25 or just match day squads/first elevens does anyone know?

Fits the idea that wage spending coralates with success better than transfer spending.

Apparently we’ve made TWF’s best mate, John Ruddy, available for £2m & Forest are interested.

It makes sense - Patricio is now clearly 1st choice. Norris could be his back up - and whatever fee we get for Ruddy would be clear profit due to him coming in for free.

I’m neither here nor there. I’d be happy if he were to stay as an experienced back up to Rui, but if Fosun decide to cash in on him then I’m also cool with that.

Forest are signing the big lump they had on loan last season

Apparently we’ve made TWF’s best mate, John Ruddy, available for £2m & Forest are interested.

It makes sense - Patricio is now clearly 1st choice. Norris could be his back up - and whatever fee we get for Ruddy would be clear profit due to him coming in for free.

I’m neither here nor there. I’d be happy if he were to stay as an experienced back up to Rui, but if Fosun decide to cash in on him then I’m also cool with that.

Agree. I do feel for him because he did brilliantly for us last season but Rui is just on another level to him. If he would rather drop back down to keep playing regularly definitely can't begrudge him that.

Wouldn't begrudge him a move at all - had him pencilled in for Swansea or Stoke (assuming Butland goes) myself. For £2m someone gets a top end Champo keeper but, like a few players, John Ruddy can't go where we're going

And according to Tim II, two players from Singapore arriving for a trial

The Singapore thing seems very Sami Al-Jaber. Take someone on who'll never play a meaningful game, but gives you good exposure in a new territory.

Apparently we're signing Florin Nita, a Romanian 'keeper from Sparta Prague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back