• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interest of PSG in Adama Traoré (even he is going to reffuse the offer) shows his level and how you can buy a top player by only 18 millions. Wolves are really interested on him but maybe is a good chance (and the only one because will be expensive) for top teams to sign him.

¿Qué?

As a raw prospect he probably has tools that will make any coach salivate but I'd be absolutely stunned if we were really interested.

¿Qué?

As a raw prospect he probably has tools that will make any coach salivate but I'd be absolutely stunned if we were really interested.

Tweeted by ‪@10JoseAlvarez ‬who looks like he’s a journalist with 13k followers.

18m would be a lot for someone I’m not convinced would be a regular starter for us! Can be properly devastating when he’s on it though

I’d love traore - he has the potential to be an amazing player and improved a lot last season.

He's progressed from being the ultimate playground footballer but I'm far from convinced there's much actual improvement left in him from here. No footballing brain at all.

Hodgson loves Wilshere, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Palace. Not that keen on him for us.

Any chance of signing Wilshere went when we flogged Afobe. He'll go to either Palace or West Ham and I hope he stays fit and does well. Traore destroyed us at Boro when we were down to 9, but against Villa they put Hutton on him and he had zero response. Definitely a no from me.

Any chance of signing Wilshere went when we flogged Afobe. He'll go to either Palace or West Ham and I hope he stays fit and does well. Traore destroyed us at Boro when we were down to 9, but against Villa they put Hutton on him and he had zero response. Definitely a no from me.

Not that I want us to sign Wilshere, but how do you figure he and Afobe are related?

Afobe and Wilshere have been friends since 2001 when they both joined Arsenal's academy.

And footballers won't move somewhere unless they've got a childhood friend already in situ, apparently

It's a no from me for Wilshere - simply because far too many of our fans would have Jake Wiltshire in the team with Bath, Docherty, Says and Jimmynez

Wilshere only works if we were to change our formation to an England style 3-5-1-1. Can't see that happening as a front three has worked very well.

And footballers won't move somewhere unless they've got a childhood friend already in situ, apparently

Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

As though the only reason Wilshere wouldn't come was because we sold Afobe.

Does that mean Wilshere would sign for Stoke?

Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

As though the only reason Wilshere wouldn't come was because we sold Afobe.

Does that mean Wilshere would sign for Stoke?
No, but it's the reason he went to Bournemouth and would clearly have been a positive factor in his thinking. If we thought we had a chance of getting him then keeping Afobe around would have assisted in doing so. The fact we haven't tells me we either weren't that interested or already knew he wasn't up for the move. Not that I'm fussed, he wouldn't suit the role alongside Neves.

Domagoj Vida linked. He's the Croatian CB with the ridiculous ponytail.

Proper 80s Die Hard style villain material.

Turns like a barge. Not sure he'd work in that back three.

Absolute no. Weren't there some vague suggestions of match fixing and/or wasn't he fined about a million euros for opening a beer on the team bus on the way to a game? Plus I'd guess he's past 30 now

Absolute no. Weren't there some vague suggestions of match fixing and/or wasn't he fined about a million euros for opening a beer on the team bus on the way to a game? Plus I'd guess he's past 30 now

He's 29, but yeah, not very good. Is he an improvement on Ryan Bennett, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back