• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fosun are serious about having a tilt at the top half of the Premier League there is no way Cav is leaving. It would make no sense at all unless someone ridiculously talented was coming in. We need cover in all positions and players who are of equal (or nearly equal) class and skill

As if there weren't enough lunatics at sporting, they just appointed Mihajlovic as the new manager!

Jota is just a different level...

Don't want Cav to leave but absolutely agree with this. I think that Jota will really step up next season - as will Neves. But for some reason I am really looking forward to seeing Jota in the Prem

Agree ND, I don’t think defenders will be ready for him. He’s such a tough little shit too.

I love Jota just as much as I love Neves.

I really hope Costa has a good season too. I love watching him run with the ball. I'd really like us to keep hold of Cav but if we sold and replaced him with an obvious upgrade then I wont be complaining.

The Huddersfield thing is almost certainly bollocks. They've just signed Ramadan Sobhi from Stoke and already own van La Parra, Ince, Pritchard, Quaner and Kachunga who either play wide or can function in a 4-2-3-1 (yes I know some of them are shit, but the fact remains that they are very heavily stocked in those areas). Plus I very much doubt they can afford what we would ask.

They need a centre forward badly as both Mounié and Depoitre are not good enough. Also a left back as our old friend Scott Malone is way out of his depth.

I see no point in selling cav tbh. We won't be able to find somebody as good as him for cover for Costa and jota, and there's no way we're signing somebody better than Costa and having helder as the third option given the money we need to spend elsewhere

Cav is great coming off the bench too even if he isn't starting. We need to keep him as a decent squad is vital.

Cav is the only one out of our options for the front 3 that can really lead a high press as well. We don't do it often but when we do it's Ivan that starts it off.

Daz Hale thinks we have had dialogue with Wilshere but he has several other interested parties.

I love him as a footballer and I'd have him here despite his record, but not at the £120k/week we'd need to pay him, it'd be too disruptive in the dressing room

Agree Del. Not sure where he would fit in tactically. I really rate him but he has to get this move right this summer to sort his career out

I can't see how a Wilshere/Neves combo works. You'd get steamrollered.

Not averse to us buying a new CM at all but it needs to be a better version of Saiss if we do.

Agree. We need someone though because Neves, Saiss, MGW is looking a it light. Wonder if we are still in for Pele or de Souza

Agree. We need someone though because Neves, Saiss, MGW is looking a it light. Wonder if we are still in for Pele or de Souza

If you can believe Turkish media, we have tabled a bid of E25m for Badou N'Diaye from Stoke, who is away with Senegal at the World Cup.
He joined Stoke from Galatasary last January but wants PL football. Maybe we have an agreement with Stoke for first dibs, thanks to the Afobe sale to them.

Rui’s mate reckons it will he announced at 5

If you can believe Turkish media, we have tabled a bid of E25m for Badou N'Diaye from Stoke, who is away with Senegal at the World Cup.
He joined Stoke from Galatasary last January but wants PL football. Maybe we have an agreement with Stoke for first dibs, thanks to the Afobe sale to them.

Not sure I’d want him at that price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back