• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger things have happened. He's behind Jota and Costa in the pecking order and they would obviously have to offer a significant pay rise. If Hudde4sfield offer more than what we value him at, and he gets the chance to make more money and play more minutes I can see it happening. I like him but he lacks a little pace, he was not first choice fir us in the championship, and we should be looking to improve in every position. I'd rather keep him but we would surely cope somehow.

I'm not so certain. I'm reminded a little of the insistence that we had a top-class striker just waiting to be signed after we sold Dicko last summer.

Not so sure there's a similarity there.

a) Dicko is totally finished unfortunately as a top end Championship player, he's never getting back to his best. He was poor for Hull
b) The price we got for Dicko was silly given we knew his injury had knackered him and he'd done nothing for two years
c) We did actually have a deal done for Locadia and it fell through on deadline day

In what world is Cav behind both Jota and Costa?

In what world is Cav behind both Jota and Costa?

The real one? He's certainly behind Jota however you look at it, and I'd assume most of us, including Nuno, rate a fully fit Costa more highly as well? Not that it necessarily means too much but he was twice as expensive to start with.

He's a good industrious and quite effective player but you'd ideally want a little more pace in his position if we're aiming for the top half. Basically he is very much replaceable if needed.

Costa was the better player last season between him and Costa. Certainly more influential. This season, we'll have to see if a full pre-season benefits Costa more.

When all 3 are at their best he is definitely behind Jota and Costa.

Cav was way better than Costa last season.

If we had to sell one of them, for me, it would be Costa.

Cav was way better than Costa last season.

If we had to sell one of them, for me, it would be Costa.

Not sure how you can say he was way better. Jota was in a different class and neither player was as good as Jota.

I hope we don't sell Cav I'd like to see what he does against some pretty average Prem defenders.

Costa was pretty much anonymous until the last month or 2 tbf.

Not sure how you can say he was way better. Jota was in a different class and neither player was as good as Jota.

I hope we don't sell Cav I'd like to see what he does against some pretty average Prem defenders.

I didnt, I said Cav was better than Costa.

For me :-

Jota
Cav
Costa

If Costa carries his form into the premier he'll be fine, if it's the early season Costa we see then we might have an issue. We can't have any passengers

Costa is just ridiculously talented. With a full pre season (he missed out not only fitness wise but tactically last season) I think he’s going to be brilliant in this league. All three are superb options! We are lucky

if it's the early season Costa we see then we might have an issue.

Well as long as he doesn't pick up an ankle injury that rules him out of pre-season and the early stages of the season he will be ok.

He just took a while to get fully up to speed after that injury and by the end of the season he was a key player

Well as long as he doesn't pick up an ankle injury that rules him out of pre-season and the early stages of the season he will be ok.

He just took a while to get fully up to speed after that injury and by the end of the season he was a key player

That's kind of my point, he's a truly gifted player but taking 3-4 months to get his form back after an injury is a luxury I don't think we'll have

I didnt, I said Cav was better than Costa.

For me :-

Jota
Cav
Costa

If Costa carries his form into the premier he'll be fine, if it's the early season Costa we see then we might have an issue. We can't have any passengers

Nah, Costa on form as at the end of last season or the season before is amazing. I've never seen close control at speed like him, he terrified Liverpool last season and I'm looking forward to him doing more of the same next season.

I still wouldn't sell Cav though, I think he's a lovely player with a great eye for goal and tons of energy. One of them for 60 mins and the other 30 mins would do very well.

I agree cav was more effective for us overall last season, but as others point out, Costa is a better player when fully fit and firing. Again, I don't think we should sell cav, but if it makes sense for all parties we'll probably be fine without him

Fully fit and in form like for like Costa is better IMO. Cav had a terrific season and I would be gutted if we sold him but when Costa is in full flow its breathtaking. It took Costa a while to improve following his injury but towards the end we started to see something close to the old Helder, he should be fighting fit for the start of this season, which is a massive plus for us.

I want to keep both and add to that if we can.

Madness to think Wolves will sell players who will increase in value by playing Premier league football.

In output stakes Costa is usually better than Cav in expected goals and assists.

Cav really puts a shift in though and is everywhere on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back