• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Bayern is the German for what we call Bavaria, but Munich is English for München hence what we say being the mangled version and Bayern München being the correct form.

I always thought that if we were to correctly Anglicise it, we'd say "Bavaria Munich".
Correct, we should.

Although Germans say 'Arsenal London' so I guess we're even.

Bayern Munich does just jump out completely. Got to be Bayern Munchen or Bavaria Munich, not some awful mishmash.

Juve & Valencia having talks over Cancelo tonight. I feel it's make or break for this transfer

I thought Bayern is the German for what we call Bavaria, but Munich is English for München hence what we say being the mangled version and Bayern München being the correct form.

I always thought that if we were to correctly Anglicise it, we'd say "Bavaria Munich".

Arse - I am no German student am I? I had this discussion with Dan aeons ago and have related it the wrong way round. Many apologies.

Cancelo still may end up our way if no champions league teams pay the cash...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cancelo-says-cant-exclude-signing-wolves-makes-clear-hasnt-turned/

Tuttosport asked Cancelo if he prefers Juventus to Wolves, given the English club aren’t in the Champions League, and he answered: “At the moment I cannot exclude anything, certainly playing the Champions is my goal, I won it (qualification) on the pitch with Inter and I would like to return to this competition.”

The Portuguese fullback also made it clear he hasn’t turned down Wolves, because he hasn’t had anything to turn down: “Until I have an official and concrete proposal I cannot say anything. So far, nothing has come to me. Before the end of the season I heard that Inter wanted to buy me outright and that they were in contact with Valencia to do it, but then nothing happened.”

The Duck officially gone to Sint Truidense, undisclosed. Good move for him and good luck.

The Duck officially gone to Sint Truidense, undisclosed. Good move for him and good luck.
Top stuff. Properly earned chance to make it.

Fair play to Kevvy T for taking a punt on him.

Sporting Risbon are signing Adan from Betis. Patricio definitely isn't staying there...

Patricio is #Rimminent...

Sporting Risbon is awesome. :D

Battaglia isn't worth our time, tbh. He's not that good.

Still awaiting confirmation on Patricio.

Rafael Leão also out. That's 9

So today it was Battaglia, Leão and Ribeiro

Ribeiro signed for Nantes right after ahaha

BdC 'If someone hires some thugs to beat Neymar up, is he allowed to leave PSG, with them losing €200M and having to pay the rest of his wages?'

Yes Bruno.

Yep - that's precisely how it works you dingbat. Especially as there is quite a bit of circumstantial that suggests that those thugs were actually hired by someone who is you.

I hope it's not over with the reach of the 30 days after the academy invasion.... I'm too addicted!

I hope it's not over with the reach of the 30 days after the academy invasion.... I'm too addicted!

The arc of the Fellowship of Contract Rescisions may be over, but now the main focus is on the secondary arc, The Two Members' Assemblies. Don't lose an episode of Bruno de Carvalho series.

Interesting
d02e890a57765f8207cbac95d3942e6e.jpg

Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back