• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendes has one thousand and one ways to recover the money from sporting. Rui was not announced yet but from the players who terminated contract only one has signed with other club. This will take time but it's normal...

I call bullshit on that twitter account, if he really was Rui's mate then he would be causing him all sorts of problems releasing information that the club has chosen to remain confidential. Hes just another lucky chancer if you ask me.

Besides... Rui can't come back to Sporting anymore. If sporting ever gets money from him it will be a court decision. Which is highly doubtful.

Just so you know how the portuguese justice works...Hugo Leal (from psg and atlético remember?) resigned with Benfica in a similar situation (chairman called him lazy and spoiled). The courts took 12 years to make a decision. And Hugo Leal won.

8 of the 9 players who terminated contract with sporting had portuguese lawyers. The letters had 36 pages each. Battaglia who has an Argentinian lawyer, delivered a letter with 4 pages. So the trick in Portugal is: deliver at the court the biggest shit load of paper you can and you are sure to have a ongoing case for decades.

I call bullshit on that twitter account, if he really was Rui's mate then he would be causing him all sorts of problems releasing information that the club has chosen to remain confidential. Hes just another lucky chancer if you ask me.

I disagree. He’s been absolutely on the money with everything so far. He also explained weeks ago that the reason he is releasing the info is because Sporting were trying to blame Rui for all the issues.

I disagree. He’s been absolutely on the money with everything so far. He also explained weeks ago that the reason he is releasing the info is because Sporting were trying to blame Rui for all the issues.

Which everyone in Portugal knows for months now. BdC always put the blame on Rui and William who were the team captains.

Which everyone in Portugal knows for months now. BdC always put the blame on Rui and William who were the team captains.
He's had inside info on RP going back years tbf to him.

He's had inside info on RP going back years tbf to him.

I, more than anyone else, believe that Mendes would do something like that. However in this case I think he has no need.

Surely Rui would get a signing on fee from us as would Mendes for handling the contract side of things, so his money from Sporting is a separate matter

Worse thing about that tweet is: BdC has the majority behind him. He will win the Assembly on the 23th and remain as president.

Mendes knows this for sure.

I, more than anyone else, believe that Mendes would do something like that. However in this case I think he has no need.

If I was Mendes I'd want all clubs on my side. With the strange law in Portugal with regards to players being able to cancel their contracts in this case he is potentially keeping his nose clean with Sporting Lisbon by being willing to honour what was originally agreed between the two clubs.

I think - as many on here have said all along - that we'll end up paying something for RP, just not the full whack. That's fine with me - getting a player for free in these circumstances is highly unlikely to happen.

If I was Mendes I'd want all clubs on my side. With the strange law in Portugal with regards to players being able to cancel their contracts in this case he is potentially keeping his nose clean with Sporting Lisbon by being willing to honour what was originally agreed between the two clubs.

The law isn't specifically meant for football players, it's general labor law. Your contractor needs to safeguard you and provide a safe and healthy work place.

In this case, the breach of trust between employer and employee was due to the inability of Sporting to shield the employees' from harm. Furthermore, there are rumours of the permission by the President to shakedown the players, not the assaults but that just happened. The players with the best chances of getting away with this without paying are Bas Dost, Patrício and William. They definitely were verbally and physically abused by the supporters.

Thing is, regarding lawyers, 8 out of 9, afaik, are represented by the best lawyer firm in labor law. At least Patrício's letter was signed by them. They know what they're doing and can appeal to hell and back. Which probably won't be necessary as the portuguese courts tend to be much more favourable to employees than employers, in general.

Ah ok that does make a bit of sense and from Wolves perspective they don't really want to rattle the cage so to speak.

We will see I really hope he is right Rui would be a huge upgrade for us. My doubts come from seeing many of these guys on twitter that get a few right but turn out to be chancers in the end.

I can't see any announcement now until after Portugal have exited the World Cup.

I can't see any announcement now until after Portugal have exited the World Cup.

He will save a penalty in the last minute v Spain and whip off his keepers top to reveal the new Wolves kit...

The law isn't specifically meant for football players, it's general labor law. Your contractor needs to safeguard you and provide a safe and healthy work place.

In this case, the breach of trust between employer and employee was due to the inability of Sporting to shield the employees' from harm. Furthermore, there are rumours of the permission by the President to shakedown the players, not the assaults but that just happened. The players with the best chances of getting away with this without paying are Bas Dost, Patrício and William. They definitely were verbally and physically abused by the supporters.

Thing is, regarding lawyers, 8 out of 9, afaik, are represented by the best lawyer firm in labor law. At least Patrício's letter was signed by them. They know what they're doing and can appeal to hell and back. Which probably won't be necessary as the portuguese courts tend to be much more favourable to employees than employers, in general.

In the UK, constructive dismissal would be the comparison - where an action, or a series of actions, by an employer are so serious as to fundamentally breach the contract leaving the individual with no option but to resign. The breach has to be significant though and it appears easier in Portugal although I guess that's because these players are incredibly wealthy and in Patricio's case appear to be backed by Wolves for any legal costs.

Constructive dismissal cases in the UK are notoriously difficult to win.

He will save a penalty in the last minute v Spain and whip off his keepers top to reveal the new Wolves kit...

"Kids, that's how you reveal a goalkeeper kit for the season!"

In the UK, constructive dismissal would be the comparison - where an action, or a series of actions, by an employer are so serious as to fundamentally breach the contract leaving the individual with no option but to resign. The breach has to be significant though and it appears easier in Portugal although I guess that's because these players are incredibly wealthy and in Patricio's case appear to be backed by Wolves for any legal costs.

Constructive dismissal cases in the UK are notoriously difficult to win.

Seems to be easier in Portugal, but the concept is pretty much the same, plus our courts' practice is much more in favour of the employee, considering they are generally the weaker force in the contractual relationship.

In this case though, there seems to exist overwhelming evidence of negligence from the employer, with possible moral guilt as well, considering the behaviour of BdC as the direct representative of Sporting.

Spanish newspaper "Sport" says we're set to battle Tottenham for the signing of Barcelona midfielder André Gomes...

"Kids, that's how you reveal a goalkeeper kit for the season!"

Seems to be easier in Portugal, but the concept is pretty much the same, plus our courts' practice is much more in favour of the employee, considering they are generally the weaker force in the contractual relationship.

In this case though, there seems to exist overwhelming evidence of negligence from the employer, with possible moral guilt as well, considering the behaviour of BdC as the direct representative of Sporting.

Complete opposite here, courts favour the employer. Over the last 30 years we have seen a massive increase in individual employment rights which are only enforceable after the event, if you have access to the means to take the case to a tribunal and then you will most likely lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back