• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will always be the issue with attracting that level of player. We are a newly promoted club who are likely to be offering good rather than spectacular wages and no European football. Unless you believe in the Mendes slavery train, then you are either wanting a top drawer player to want to play with acquaintances or buy into a project which doesn't have a guaranteed payout. If you were him and Juve a realistic option with a genuine opportunity of game time it's a no brainer

Yep. In order for the project to continue working, we need to ensure that we still sign the right kind of player off the pitch as well as on it. This will become more difficult, I imagine, as the quality of player gets higher. If Cancelo is stalling or not fully invested in what Fosun, Nuno & co are building here, I’d rather we left him alone and moved on to other targets.

Valencia right-back Joao Cancelo 'keen on move to Wolves'
Joao Cancelo is reportedly keen on a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers - and has ‘asked agent Jorge Mendes to get the wheels in motion.’

The 24-year-old right-back spent the recently ended campaign on loan at Serie A side Inter Milan, where he featured 28 times and scored once.

With his future unclear at Valencia, Cancelo is said to be willing to make the move to the Premier League newcomers who are preparing to conduct plenty of business in the coming weeks and months.

The defender is said to be rated by Valencia at EUR40m, but between Mendes and Wolves there is hope that an agreement can be struck. Cancelo appeared for his native Portugal in a friendly with Holland back in March - he was sent off in a 3-0 defeat.

That said, his track record for his nation is a good one; he scored three times in four appearances in 2016.

Posted about 10 mins after the Romano tweet :icon_lol:

Such a weird window so far.

Cancelo may know fuck all about the club but surely even he realizes that there are few clubs at that level that can afford him and nearly guarantee him a starting berth.

A couple of tweets suggesting Cancelo has rejected us.

A couple of tweets suggesting Cancelo has rejected us.

and a couple of articles suggesting he wants to come here... We will just have to wait and see who rocks up!

I’m not going to worry too much about these twitter rumours, I’ll keep out of it and just see who ends up on the official site holding a shirt. Exciting times though for sure!

ITK types who read something on newsnow then rush to publicise it as their own story. What happens, happens (though I enjoy the speculation and OTT reactions one way or another).

Neil Harris on Ben Marshall:

Asked if he'd like to bring Marshall back to The Den, Harris said: "What do you think?

"Ben did really well for us.

"He has got two-years left on his contract and yes, I have spoke to Wolves regarding his situation and made it clear we are interested in him.

"Wolves are a different level now, they are a Premier League club and I think they are going to be a top-half Premier League club.

"Getting players out is never easy and Marsh has to work out where his future lies at Wolves first.

"He did really well for us on-loan and its a calibre of player we really like, it's just whether we can mix in those markets at the moment."

They can't afford what we'll ask. Their record signing is still Paul Goddard for £800k in about 1989.

We'd want around 3 million i would think?

Can see someone like Forest, Hull, Stoke or Reading coming in for him.

Rumours are becoming too surreal for words - consecutive articles stating that X is signing for £40m & ones saying that he has rejected us to go to Juventus

Think I will just trust Nuno as he has deserved that honour & wait for the picture with someone holding a Wolves shirt & their name on it - we will strenthen

(been delicious though for all the Bournemouth S/T holders I know to froth at the mouth about our flipping Afobe off to wherever - assuming that it happens - & getting a profit to effectively cover the loan fee for last season. Always good to wind them up)

Rumours are becoming too surreal for words - consecutive articles stating that X is signing for £40m & ones saying that he has rejected us to go to Juventus

Think I will just trust Nuno as he has deserved that honour & wait for the picture with someone holding a Wolves shirt & their name on it - we will strenthen

(been delicious though for all the Bournemouth S/T holders I know to froth at the mouth about our flipping Afobe off to wherever - assuming that it happens - & getting a profit to effectively cover the loan fee for last season. Always good to wind them up)

Dan's yanked the chains of many Hudderfield Town Fans on Twitter, it's been quite funny reading

Dan's yanked the chains of many Hudderfield Town Fans on Twitter, it's been quite funny reading

I wasn't even being deliberately provocative, these were just facts...

Elsewhere, Aaron Collins to Colchester for 2018/19.

I wasn't even being deliberately provocative, these were just facts...

Elsewhere, Aaron Collins to Colchester for 2018/19.

Is he one of the good ones or one of the "why the fuck have we bothered" ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back